Nr racing

maybe this will help....there is what is called a backbone in IT architecture....this backbone supports all the connections that offer other companies access to the net....these companies offer you, the consumer, access to the net...this is your local internet service provider (ISP). when you create a website, then it's hooked through the ISP to a intermediary company to the backbone. any number of factors can influence whether you can "hit" the site or not...a telephone switch in idaho may be part of the backbone...if something happens that interupts the service from there, it may cause a domino effect and you can't hit a site. where i work, our backbone is in virginia or there abouts....between here in georgia and virginia, any number of things can happen that would keep me from accessing a site...couple that with all the things that can go wrong around the world (and yes, the internet does route "packets" which contain the information on the sie and all that) and you can imagine what it takes to keep you seeing or missing NR Racings site...my background is in web site design and development....you can live right next to NR Racing, but may not be able to hit thier site because of a telephone switch 200 miles away has gone down....

now, back to our race......

You mean you guys aren't inside of my computer all the time. Thats what the guy at Best Buy said the world is at my finger tips.

maybe this will help....there is what is called a backbone in IT architecture....this backbone supports all the connections that offer other companies access to the net....these companies offer you, the consumer, access to the net...this is your local internet service provider (ISP). when you create a website, then it's hooked through the ISP to a intermediary company to the backbone. any number of factors can influence whether you can "hit" the site or not...a telephone switch in idaho may be part of the backbone...if something happens that interupts the service from there, it may cause a domino effect and you can't hit a site. where i work, our backbone is in virginia or there abouts....between here in georgia and virginia, any number of things can happen that would keep me from accessing a site...couple that with all the things that can go wrong around the world (and yes, the internet does route "packets" which contain the information on the sie and all that) and you can imagine what it takes to keep you seeing or missing NR Racings site...my background is in web site design and development....you can live right next to NR Racing, but may not be able to hit thier site because of a telephone switch 200 miles away has gone down.....

Well said/explained Mikey56....and, if 'we' think 4a second that UNCLE doesn't have the Master-Switch....we are surely mis-taken!! (Please....Let the racing begin!)

the only finger tips that are in my computer are mine...left over from the sharp edges too wong foo and sump ting wong left from putting the dang thing together!! :) besides a little blood never hurt nobody!!

Back