odd burris numbers

mdstephens

I was going thru my stock of tires and found that I have these. looking for info and purpose for them.
11x6x5 d-21
11x8.10x6 d-21
11x7.10x6 m-30
11x6x5 d-4
11x6x6 ss-22
11x5x6 ss-22
11x8.10x6 ss-22
11x5x6 ss-33a.
also have some ss-44 that no one seems to want or talk about and that are practally brand new

please help thx

44's are rarely used, except maybe on asphalt, everyone seems to skip them and go from 33's strait to 55's. The SS-33 and SS-22's you listed are pretty much the same as the ss33a and ss22's that you see out there now, they can be fast in the right conditions or when worked right. The D and M series tires are too old to be competitive with, but would be alright for just practice tires or to throw on a yard kart or kart stand or something.

thanks for input weddle racing, sadly the d and m that I have have great rubber to them. I run maxxix and vegas mostly , the one m-30 I got is rock hard was hoping to put it to use. whats the normal punching for burris tires to be competitive?

Yea them d and m's are from like late 90's or so.
full rubber like weddle said prolly not worth mesin with .
good for the kart stand.

You can condition the D and M series and get them down to the duro you need them at and use them, they may work just fine for local tracks.

Around here, to be competitive it takes 33's at 52-58 for most medium bite tracks, 42-50 for low bite tracks, and 58-65 for high bite tracks

thx guys, awesome the knowledge that people have and help out on here. its mostly maxxis where I am here with flattop1, but for some reason I ended up along the way with some of these tires, got some yard karts that may get them then.

i had some m's and d's in the back of the shop about to years ago i worked them pretty hard for about 2 weeks to them to a local track that is mainly all maxxis and was able to run in the top 3 all day in 2 diff classes. I slammed them with krug green before features and right as we were walking up to grid won one class and took 2nd in the other. Yes they are a very old tire but with a little magic you can make them work on a local event track .

thx karter22 I don't run any big shows yet and since I have a lot of krug green I mite beable to use them. thx for input

no problem DO NOT put the green on the inside it will destroy the tire to where you will be locked down to the track like 2 boards nailed together. I know the krug's personally so I get it straight from them but if you want info on good inside prep on old tires I can give you info thru a pm

So what are you wanting to know about them? the the D's and M's are older ones and the other are used in different situations

Back