?....Old-Style Predator Side Cover

sCREamnClones

DAK (Does anybody know) if there is a unique Side Cover Stud Kit and Gasket for the old-style Predator that requires 9mm Alignment Dowels? I am in the process of buttoning-up a 'new' old-style engine using the 'stud kit' and noticed the case has 9mm pins. Is this the 'norm' w/these? I'll hv2 check the new hemi (I jst got) and see if it is the same deal! Thx

DAK (Does anybody know) if there is a unique Side Cover Stud Kit and Gasket for the old-style Predator that requires 9mm Alignment Dowels? I am in the process of buttoning-up a 'new' old-style engine using the 'stud kit' and noticed the case has 9mm pins. Is this the 'norm' w/these? I'll hv2 check the new hemi (I jst got) and see if it is the same deal! Thx
Hal, the Hemi has the same dowel size as the 196cc clone, the older Predator has the lager ones. I use the stock dowels myself, If the cover gets loose, the solid is much more likely to crack the case (I have had it happen). I just retorque the studs several times on the dyno, they usually seat in and are good to go after that. I have actually forgot to retorque , and lost power on the dyno...find it..retorque and all be good again..LOL

Hal, the Hemi has the same dowel size as the 196cc clone, the older Predator has the lager ones. I use the stock dowels myself, If the cover gets loose, the solid is much more likely to crack the case (I have had it happen). I just retorque the studs several times on the dyno, they usually seat in and are good to go after that. I have actually forgot to retorque , and lost power on the dyno...find it..retorque and all be good again..LOL
I hear ya Barry...I'm torquing them too 22.5ft lbs at this point....what do you take them too? Head studs as well!

Back