Parade / caution laps

What advice would you give to new racers regarding clutch engagement during non green flag laps?

Is it best to keep the clutch engaged as much as possible and drag the brake to control speed or would you rather them be on and off the gas?

On and off .
Dragging the brake for 5-10 laps will toast any clutch .
We've have been on the losing end of that situation.
Glowing orange , noram Ultimate/fiber shoe clutch .
Leading with more caution
Laps then race laps .

Last edited:
If you're saying to hold your foot on the gas and other foot on the brake to get around the track under cautions, yes, absolutely will toast your clutch in a short amount of time, if you do decide to do it anyway, I highly recommend the very best clutch/chain guard and maybe a fire extinguisher close by...😳

If you're saying to hold your foot on the gas and other foot on the brake to get around the track under cautions, yes, absolutely will toast your clutch in a short amount of time
No, I suppose I left myself open to thinking that was what I was implying.

I was thinking it would happen a time or two going around the track and not for more than a few seconds.

No, I suppose I left myself open to thinking that was what I was implying.

I was thinking it would happen a time or two going around the track and not for more than a few seconds.
What advice would you give to new racers regarding clutch engagement during non green flag laps?

Is it best to keep the clutch engaged as much as possible and drag the brake to control speed or would you rather them be on and off the gas?

Clutches are like light switches, on or off. No in between.

Back