parilla sudam question??

animal 77

my question is: lets say I have a first generation 125 sudam small reed cage with the newer style cylinder and cases, and it has been stroked and bored to a 150cc, with buller billet carbs. will the small reed cage flow enough air/fuel to make good power being it's a 150cc? or would a 131cc be better for a small reed cage? i'm just curious I guess so that's why i'm asking... thanks for any help.

Some say no, some say yes, but at 1 time there were 135 and 150c.c. engines built that ran the small cage, so there must be some engineers that think it will work.

hi jack, thanks for the help I didn't know if the small reed cage would act like a restrictor plate at the higher rpm? and which reeds would be the best? carbon fiber?

Animal, send me a reminder PM or something in a week or so. I'm going on the dyno with small and large cages so I will let you know.

IMHO -- HR & large cage for large faster tracks & HL & small cage for smaller tighter tracks. Reed thickness & carbe size & clutch slip/stall to be chosen appropriately. JMHO

my question is: lets say I have a first generation 125 sudam small reed cage with the newer style cylinder and cases, and it has been stroked and bored to a 150cc, with buller billet carbs. will the small reed cage flow enough air/fuel to make good power being it's a 150cc? or would a 131cc be better for a small reed cage? i'm just curious I guess so that's why i'm asking... thanks for any help.

Hey Arc I just bought a 125 Sudam with small cage and would be very interested in the results of your testing. If you dont post it please pm me with the info also. This will help everyone to see the difference in the two styles. Most say it is very small almost nothing, but this should help. I still say the large cage should have a little more bottom end thump and the small cage a little more top end hp. We will see the reed jets a very simular to the Sudams. Thanks Mitch

Hey Arc I just bought a 125 Sudam with small cage and would be very interested in the results of your testing. If you dont post it please pm me with the info also. This will help everyone to see the difference in the two styles. Most say it is very small almost nothing, but this should help. I still say the large cage should have a little more bottom end thump and the small cage a little more top end hp. We will see the reed jets a very simular to the Sudams. Thanks Mitch
so if you had a pcr large reed cage ( newer style ) which is bigger then a small reed parilla but smaller then a large reed parilla would you have the best of both worlds? ( great lowend and great topend? )

Back