Percentage question

If I increase my nose weight and leftside weight what does this do to my cross weight. Working on a Champ Kart, my left was at 56%, nose 45%, and cross was 48%. I'm shooting for 59 left and 46 nose.

It should go down some as youll be moving your Weight towards the front left. You should be rescaling so why not just get your left and nose where you want it and adjust for cross?

Rescaling isn't a option right now, because I don't have scales. I took it to a kartshop and had it weighed a couple weeks ago, wanted to make these changes and see how it done.

Rescaling isn't a option right now, because I don't have scales. I took it to a kartshop and had it weighed a couple weeks ago, wanted to make these changes and see how it done.

How will you know you are at 59 and 46? Not being a smart tail but Ive always had to place weights while kart/driver was on the scales to find placement and changes or if I were moving seat, motor, etc I always have to scale multiple times. If you can, order 4 bathroom scales from Amazon at minimum.

Honestly I won't know exact without scaling your right. I'm really just wanting to make the changes to see if it makes an improvement on how the kart acts. If it feels better I will find some scales to get it fine tuned and save my numbers. Mainly just looking to increase the nose and left, just wanted to know which way to go with the cross if it needed moved.

Alot depends where exactly you mount the weight .
Front of driver centered would add some to both frts.
Left. Of drive near the hip should add mostly left .
Now realize ; That adding 10# to the left side wont automatically raise. The left % up as much as may be expected . Reason being the kart got heavier. If you move the current weights that would be different.

Some basics.

You must physically move weight to change front and left percentage.

Cross can be adjusted without physically moving any weight.

So you must first physically locate the weight.
Left to right. Front to rear.

The design of the chassis does as much as anything to determine cross percentages.

Back