Pet Peeves of Racing

only two i think, pet peeve is flagmen that can't get the control over the track... use that black flag. even if its on me. A flagman can really set the tone for the race events.. lack of tech, which to me is also tech guys teaching the newbies about the rules.
Agree:
I quit racing at what is likely the nicest facility in my area because they often lost control of the races. Have never ever seen a black flag there. They must not own one. At least they have tech. Thanks Dyno Don for the tech service.

1 - The whole "pit crew" takes the kart to the grid and then hangs out on the grid
2 - Calls on the loud speaker that they're not going to wait and everyone needs to be at the grid on-time; yet the track waits
3 - When someone "out making laps" impacts the outcome of the race by bringing out a caution or the leader uses them as a pick to hold up 2nd place

Waiting on the guy with the electric starter for a clone stalled on the track while the plate motors are loading up.
Waiting on the pit buggy to get a wreck off the track instead of pushing it to the infield and going green
Flagmen who don’t have the courage to use the flags properly

Too many young "Karter wannabes" asking too many unanswerable questions i.e. "what kart should I buy"?, "how many horsepower does a (your choice year) engine make"?

I mean, sometimes there apparent, but sometimes there not, so you answer, never knowing, just suspecting, you're talking to an empty hole.

I can't stand when someone takes 10 minutes to get out of their kart, take their gear off, THEN push their kart into the infield after they had an issue. Or when they can't be bothered to get their ass out of the seat to restart themselves or push the kart where it needs to be, expecting someone in the tower or corner worker to do it for them.

Back