phantom stalker cart

mark mcgarity

I purchased a phantom stalker cart and my son wants to start racing it is it worth buying a motor for it or should I buy a new chassis

I purchased a phantom stalker cart and my son wants to start racing it is it worth buying a motor for it or should I buy a new chassis

I guess that depends on what you are expecting and what available funds you have to throw at it.

The Stalker might be dated, sure, but as k12 said, on certain low/no bite track surfaces, they can still be competitive.
absolutely, get him started. When the only thing holding him back from winning is a newer chassis, then invest for something newer. For the first several races, he'll be grinning ear to ear running at the back of the pack learning the racing line, and learning how to be smooth. Oh yea, Dad will learn a few things along the way too. ;)

-----
Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
27 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

One thing dad may find (I did), was that a Phantom Stalker is one of the easiest karts ever to learn the basics of setup on. I still miss that little beast at times - it was a great teacher for both me and the driver. And the motor you buy will transfer to the next chassis when you and your son's skill level both reach as far as the Stalker will take you, so go for it.

Back