Phenom cross wont go past 66.5%

CodyH00

Trying to scale out this cart. Looking to hit some rather high cross numbers at the advice of LTG (todd). Currently sitting at the following percentages.
Left 59.8
Nose 45.6
Cross 66.5

These are rough as I am scaling alone and everytime I look over stuff changes. I have the right front sitting on the spacer with all washers above the spindle. Left spindle is as high as it will go before the wheel starts hitting the king pin bolt head. Both spindles are x factor spindles. Would like to get to maybe 68 or 69 cross. Shooting for 58 to 59 Left and 46 to 46.5 nose. Using a 2x evolution seat rr strut 3.5 off the rail seat back at 9 inches from axle. Driver weight 225 - 230. Kart is coming in at 380 with driver. Running a 375 class

Trying to scale out this cart. Looking to hit some rather high cross numbers at the advice of LTG (todd). Currently sitting at the following percentages.
Left 59.8
Nose 45.6
Cross 66.5

These are rough as I am scaling alone and everytime I look over stuff changes. I have the right front sitting on the spacer with all washers above the spindle. Left spindle is as high as it will go before the wheel starts hitting the king pin bolt head. Both spindles are x factor spindles. Would like to get to maybe 68 or 69 cross. Shooting for 58 to 59 Left and 46 to 46.5 nose. Using a 2x evolution seat rr strut 3.5 off the rail seat back at 9 inches from axle. Driver weight 225 - 230. Kart is coming in at 380 with driver. Running a 375 class

You are going to have to remove the spacer and get the RF lower, and/or add a LR adjuster to get the cross that high.

Do you have any weights added? For minimal weight variability, hold your cellphone out rather than leaning.

Remounted seat. Fixed the left percentage. Did some modifying to the left kingpin bolt cross is at 69.2 %. Left 59.2% front is 46.3%. Total is 404 will be running 375. Will the extra weight be an issue ?

Remounted seat. Fixed the left percentage. Did some modifying to the left kingpin bolt cross is at 69.2 %. Left 59.2% front is 46.3%. Total is 404 will be running 375. Will the extra weight be an issue ?
At 29 lb over it sure doesn't Help any , But if you have NO Weights ( Lead ) on the kart and your track does not offer a 400 lb class or higher min weight , you Ain't got much choice . With everything being real close especially tires can you still be competitive , YES does it close the window some on how close everything else must be to be Competitive , same answer as above YES .

Oh that 404 is with some weight added. I can run a 400lb class they also have a 425. I am hopping to run an amateur 375 class. Was just trying to gauge if I could leave it set for 400 and still be fine. Some of the weight can definitely come off. Was tossing some on to get my front percentage

Oh that 404 is with some weight added. I can run a 400lb class they also have a 425. I am hopping to run an amateur 375 class. Was just trying to gauge if I could leave it set for 400 and still be fine. Some of the weight can definitely come off. Was tossing some on to get my front percentage
If all the added weight is up front only, can't imagine removing some that of course would lower nose % , it would also lower cross % Provided it did also lower cross , I'd say you can remove 5 lb for sure and still net better results than where you currently are at .

Back