Picking out burris tires

strong08

When I go to pick out my burris tires at my kart shop for next year, what are some of the things to look such as: do I need to try to match the batch numbers up on the same side of the kart or do I need to measure them and get closest to the stagger I want. Or does any of this even matter with burris tires.

I try and find tires with the same color code on the sidewall, never really worried about it just gave it a whirl the last two sets i bought because i had the time

Unless you are having someone do your tires you are going to have to stagger them to fit your needs. I would definitely try and get the same size right sides as it will be easier for you to get them to the correct stagger.

Thanks guys, I didn't think you could check the duro when it is a new tire that is not mounted and still has the paint or whatever it is they put on them.

I try and find tires with the same color code on the sidewall, never really worried about it just gave it a whirl the last two sets i bought because i had the time

the color your talking about is a mark that the factory puts on tires so you know where to mount it on the rim. If I remember right, Kurt Burris posted once about this and said the dot should go above the valve stem when mounting the tire.

id be wanting tires with matching serial numbers if I were picking them out, I could care less about what color the dot is on it.

Made logical sense to me, my local kart shop had about 6 8.10s, just happened to have equal amounts of matching colors I guess. Like Jamie said, especially with 11s like I run mostly, working on them is a given and things can easily be fixed.

Back