pinks&blues

el tee eff

How far do you guys run your tires? They're already a low dot tire,so do you run them til dots gone? I have been swapping them way before the dots gone.... Curious what others consider done.

Till the speed goes away. Depends on brand and how aggressive you are on them. I've got some Burris with cords showing that I feel are probably,at times, are the best tires I can bolt on. Dots been gone a long time on those lol

On the pinks and blues we run them until the corners are gone. Corners are usually worn out before the dots are gone.

Run them until you wear the shoulder off, then flip it and do the same for that side, that will help you get a little more life out of them. It also depends on your level of competition, local friday/saturday tracks with low kart counts and average competition, you could probably get away with running them down til the dots are about gone or til you see chords, but at bigger races or high kart counts, experienced competition, you would get killed on tires that had more than 10 races on them more than likely, since those guys are generally on new tires with much more speed potential. Keep up with your lap times, after a few races you'll know about what kinda laps you need to be turning to be fast at that track, and once you see them fall off by a few tenths or more consistently, time to find new tires. Thats my opinion anyways, I'm sure other guys can give you better advice if they run maxxis more often or all the time. I have only ran them a handful of times, but long enough to get to know them enough to know what it took to make them fast around here.

We practice on them until the dots are gone, but they won't run up front that long. As mentioned earlier, keep up with what lap times you should be turning. When you start getting beat by people you normally outrun, tires are probably gone.

Shoulders will be gone long before the dots gone on harder more abrasive tracks. Soft tracks wont wear out tire nearly as fast, but shoulder will more likely be gone there also.

Shoulders don't mean much with these newer tires. Scuff the tire or run low air and the tire looks like it has 20 laps on them. I wouldn't put much into the shoulder of a tire. Flipping after each run or weekend is a great idea. Some adult tires don't make good jr tires. Most of the time the fastest jr tires are adult scuffs. Saturday night tracks and low biting tracks like a different tire then high biting tracks. You can run tires for a long time or save them for the right place and they can last a long time I guess is my point.

typically and not in all cases. Jr1 and Jr2 run better on scuffs. Hard for Jrs to scuff in new tires. I guess my point to what I wrote is the tires last a lot longer than most think. We run tires that most throw away. Even some of the scuffs I sale get looked at and doubted until they get ran and still win.

Ok, that makes since. We run pee wee (moving up to jr1 next year) and run nothing but used tires, well used as a matter of fact. Now we haven't been anywhere that required a real hard "big day race" kind of tire, but the gp kind of tires we've been running punching between 35 and 48 have been fast all year on a wet Saturday night track. They are well worn too. When I hear "scuffs" I'm thinking tires that are basically new and have just had a couple- three runs on them. I interpreted that to mean we needed to be on new tires to be fast, maybe newer than pro clone usually runs. Thanks for clarifying.

typically and not in all cases. Jr1 and Jr2 run better on scuffs. Hard for Jrs to scuff in new tires. I guess my point to what I wrote is the tires last a lot longer than most think. We run tires that most throw away. Even some of the scuffs I sale get looked at and doubted until they get ran and still win.

X2 here Benji. Most of what I run in points classes are what others consider to be junk, yet I am still always fast and up front with those tires. I save the newer tires for the money races

Back