PK1BCarb

Ok no , main should not be near a .029 more .039.
From the beginning where did you get the carb ?
Any body besides you touched it ?
Fuel coming out is not a jet problem .
What engine is this on ?
Are you racing with it ?

Got carb from OMB...plan to race with it one day, maybe this coming summer, the engine is 212 hemi, with CL2 cam and 32 degrees abvanced timing. Excuse me for being naive, but if its running rich with a .029 main, wont it drown with an .039?? What else could be causing all that fuel to be coming out the throat?

My conclusion is something besides the jets are the problem .
Return it for another one . Or your money back , put the one that came on the engine on and forget it .

Yes thats what OMB says, i just looked it up. Think im going to put stock carb on and see what i have. Im sure i will have to drill the main out that was jetted for stock airbox..i really appreciate your help Flattop...

Yeah Flattop, i checked all that. I put a leaner pilot jet in and now it idles decent, still somewhat rich, but not sooting up or fouling the plug. For race applications i can change back. Ordered a few stock main jets, need to lean that out a bit, i can drill them out a little at a time..it probably does have an .038 or .039 main jet , found out my cheap digital caliper isnt worth a ****...again thanks for your help

Jetting should be a 36-37 in unrestricted form. The air screw on the side should be 3-3 1/2 turns out from the bottom. Put both o rings on your pilot. If it has raw fuel running out of it it’s generally a needle and seat problem.

Ovaltech, i keep noticing everyone is calling that side screw an air screw, indicating as its turned out it increases air in mixture. As opposed to a fuel screw, is this correct?

its down stream from the fuel supply . I think it is fuel .
it is also down stream of the butterfly . in the low pressure zone .

Lewis got a good breakdown video on YouTube hard to see some things but he explains everything well.

what was the carburetor you replaced this with? what jets were in it? and why did you change? or is this a new build using new parts?

It is a fuel screw persay BUT on a real blueprinted carb it should do NOTHING.. as mentioned.. back it out 3 turns or more and forget it... Sooted up plugs is actually a good sign on these engines.. We tell our customers if your plug is running clean (Tan) then you have fuel blockage somewhere in the carb.. This carb is a Non Blueprinted carb.. average jetting it will support is 22 lo and 36 hi on average...

Fuel spraying out back of carb? You doing this off kart or on a stand with kart without a filter? Like said its what we call Reversion (theres some other proper words for it as well) It happens especially with these engines,, some due to such weal springs etc.. Its somewhat normal under no load.. On track with filter on its much less...

If you have a fuel drip age down in front / bottom its a float or inlet needle issue.. The over flow bleed hole is up against the isolator plate...

Back