Plate bolts

I have not seen one .
Bolt torque chart would work .
Brain or JPM
May have something they prefer .
Gooden tight was mine .

Is there a torque spec for the plate bolts on a bully?
Are we talking about the 10-32 socket head allens that hold the activator plate to the drive hub...or the tapered head allens that hold the backing plate to the drive hub?
Just make them snug and DO NOT use Loctite on them! 60 inch pounds for steel bolts, slightly less for stainless. You can vary your air gap slightly with over-tightening these screws, so be careful.

The taper head screws can be as tight as you can make them....for that matter, they should NEVER be removed in my opinion. We get clutches in occasionally where guys have tried to work on their own clutches and taken these screws out (for whatever reason.) One, those taper head screws are a bugger to remove; two, there's no need to remove them for a typical rebuild; three, the backing plate is machined AFTER it is attached to the drive hub and it's important that it stays oriented correctly. Leave that side of the clutch alone.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
www.youtube.com
35 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

They hold the activator plate to the drive hub. I’ve never heard of a torque spec but just wondered.

Back