points question

We are running every friday night, some people cant go racing every friday, so i have come up with this, for the people that show up every friday normal points, now for the every other friday racer same amount points but at awards they will be in there own class but must sign up for the every other friday, dose that sound fair... thanks tim pcka

Most tracks with points set their schedule with 2 or 3 drop nites or races where you take your worse finishs and drop them. honestly if I couldn't make every race I wouldn't sign up for points instead run when you can for a trophy or pay back. jmo

Most tracks with points set their schedule with 2 or 3 drop nites or races where you take your worse finishs and drop them. honestly if I couldn't make every race I wouldn't sign up for points instead run when you can for a trophy or pay back. jmo

But they want the chance to win a points championship, for bragging rights most likely. Not really much you can do if you can't make it to all the points races. Most tracks that run points have a race once or twice a month that is for points, the other races are just regular payback races. Haven't seen a track where every race was a points race, of course that kind of format would make it hard for people to make every race, be better off to designate one or 2 weekends a month as points night and let the racers decide that way if they would rather run points and make those races or try to run every race.

overly fair. more like (entightelment). if its kid karts or rookies different story altogether.
drops would be better.
Not everyone can be a champion, it takes commitment.

You could run for Trophy 3 weekends in the month and run a points championship once a month for 7 or 8 months....................................

I'm one who has always wondered how somebody could run every week for points? Once a month is plenty for a championship s series. You are allowed one drop. If you don't show, up that's your drop. If you show up and break, you can use that for your drop.

Having two separate programs for season championships is a little ridiculous. I have an idea that a one race a month championship series will bring a lot of out-of-towners in.

When I raced sprints, our points championship races were once a month, and I traveled one hundred fifty to two hundred miles to attend those races.

Back