70stage1

was wondering, what power you can expect from a built 5 horse flatty
lets say

light porting (polishing to match)
billet rod
billet flywheel
CDI
header
0.10" over new style piston (of course chrome gets ya home)
20 pound valve springs with newer style retainers
mild cam (94ss grind)
copper head gasket 0.26"
copper intake-exhaust gasket
TEC carb with intake
looking to make 5500-6000 rpms

3/4 into the last race I was in I could barely hold my head up because of the Gs around the corners. my little .070 over limited flathead feels like a rocket ship. Bud Wilson is working on my open flathead and im getting scared just thinking about driving it.

3/4 into the last race I was in I could barely hold my head up because of the Gs around the corners. my little .070 over limited flathead feels like a rocket ship. Bud Wilson is working on my open flathead and im getting scared just thinking about driving it.
My @$$ will almost fit in the seat again… just saying

tec carb 640084

(should pop up)
The larger Tecumseh carbs (8-10 HP.) such as the 640349 have the same bolt pattern as the small ones. With that cam I am sure it could handle it. You do know that you can get China copies off e bay for well under $20.00? Are you using an old Briggs manifold such as the 691922 or an aluminum?

Did you ever see that open animal Jerry built for Clint Bower and that Harvick kart race?
2 smoker pipe....

Always wondering what the jr dragster engines a giving out , I was wondering what kind of dyno can be used to measure this .
I would love to have a little dyno up to 55 hp or so to see the outcome of my work

Back