Pre Race Wipe

Slack2014

What is a PRW , why do we use it, how long should it sit before racing, if a wet coat why do it put kart on the ground boom preps gone.

I really don't understand PRW , always wanted to have dry tires when putting the kart down.

Really honestly don't know crap about it

PRW wiped with something to help the tire fire off, basically wipe close to the race or qualifying, can be many different options according to the track conditions and what it takes, in MOST cases ya want it to dry, however there are some that you go to the grid wet even wipe on the grid before setting down.

PRW wiped with something to help the tire fire off, basically wipe close to the race or qualifying, can be many different options according to the track conditions and what it takes, in MOST cases ya want it to dry, however there are some that you go to the grid wet even wipe on the grid before setting down.
My track is one of the few that really likes a heavy PRW and still wet. I dont worry about it when the sun is up, but once the lights come on and the dew falls, I use a custom concoction of greens, set it down wet, scrub like heck once on the track, and its ready to rip. Really helps with getting the tires to fire for me.

My track is one of the few that really likes a heavy PRW and still wet. I dont worry about it when the sun is up, but once the lights come on and the dew falls, I use a custom concoction of greens, set it down wet, scrub like heck once on the track, and its ready to rip. Really helps with getting the tires to fire for me.
Have you ever tried not scrubbing ?

So damp night and cool I PRW wintergreen and burn it in quick. Drop the Kart hit the grid?

Or dry dusty, toss quick wipe of black sand and hit it?

Using examples , I know there's a lot of static on the wintergreen out there. But its saved me on a damp heavy track.

So damp night and cool I PRW wintergreen and burn it in quick. Drop the Kart hit the grid?

Or dry dusty, toss quick wipe of black sand and hit it?

Using examples , I know there's a lot of static on the wintergreen out there. But its saved me on a damp heavy track.
Pretty much But you may find Goat or Krug ( green ) may be better left wet than the wintergreen.

I have not. Our staging is incredibly dusty and is not the same dirt as the track surface, so I always scrub, wet or dry.
We have a variety of grids: dirt, stone, millings, pavement, concrete, grass etc etc.
If my kids scrub unless I tell them to I’ll kill em lol

I personally from a $ stand point cant understand prw, it never gets a chance to penetrate the tire and work imo.

I can see it at the trailer as a final top coat. But not at the grid or left wet.

Truly just trying to understand it more.

I appreciate the feedback guys, end of the day if these are working I'm not above trying it

Last edited:
Back