predator 212 hemi mod help

Unless clones are a lot weaker, I had a 100% stock raptor on a kart that I ran around in the yard with, down the street, in parking lots for close to ten years, and never had any excessive wear on the valvetrain or rotating assembly. Based on my experience, stock engines are very stable in their stock state. And that sounds like the way he wants it.

Well the clone is a $99 power washer motor, I think the raptor was a lot better engine IIRC.
Check online about the governor adjustment, I think you add or change to a stiffer spring on the linkage.

Cool! You know anywhere around here local that has any kart parts or frames?

Not really man. Most of the karting stuff I know about is around Hot Springs and Fort Smith. I run at Outlaw Valley in Hot Springs and plan to run at Big Root Speedway a couple times as well. I mostly order all my karting specific parts online.

everything that everyone is saying is good, but I have to ask what are you using the kart for? running around the neighborhood and having a little street fun is one thing...a stock predator with no modifications would be fine for this...if your taking it on the track, then several mods would have to be done to give you longevity and improvements.

one...low oil pressure and governor removal...for messin around home...leave it alone. if your racing, get rid of them, google "predator governor removal" for a vid on how.
two...rod...depending on your use, a billet rod would be the best for racing....but if your racing, the rules may prohibit it's use.
three....cam....stock cam is fine with stock lifters, pushrods, springs, etc.., for playin around....but if you upgrade for serious racing, then you need to look at new springs, chrome moly pushrods, higher lift/longer duration cam....and everything has to be kept inline to get the best possible power.
four....carb....what you want is to set the carb to go along with the improvements that you do...with more improvements, your engine is going to want to breath more...so you have to look at the etube, the jets, the air filter...all of it so that you don't fuel starve the motor.
five...oil...ready everything on bob's on the different oils and what others say and then make your won mind up.
six....don't forget to get a big box of fun...

you may be thinking "I know this already" and I don't want to sound condescending or that you don't know. just want to help!!

I appreciate all the info man, I live on a rural area and have a few acres, so I've got a pretty good dirt track lots or cornering and a few straight runs, and dirt road driving..

I actually already had a problem with the low oil sensor so I unhooked it because everytime I spun it around or cornered hard it died.

Not really man. Most of the karting stuff I know about is around Hot Springs and Fort Smith. I run at Outlaw Valley in Hot Springs and plan to run at Big Root Speedway a couple times as well. I mostly order all my karting specific parts online.

Yea same here what about at local places that sell large sprockets? 60t

Yea same here what about at local places that sell large sprockets? 60t

I really couldn't tell you. I'd tell you I'd sell you one of mine but I don't even have one that small. My smallest one is a 62 lol. I'd just order one from ARC Racing, along with the other parts it looks like you're looking at getting. They're not too expensive.

I really couldn't tell you. I'd tell you I'd sell you one of mine but I don't even have one that small. My smallest one is a 62 lol. I'd just order one from ARC Racing, along with the other parts it looks like you're looking at getting. They're not too expensive.

Would you sale a 62 lol

Sounds like "Thunder Road".....:)

Screamn are you referring to "Thunder Road" the movie ... or are you old enough to remember when the movie was filmed/released (1958) .... I was in Asheville, NC today and traveled on a couple of the "real Thunder Roads" , where portions of the movie were actually filmed :)

Screamn are you referring to "Thunder Road" the movie ... or are you old enough to remember when the movie was filmed/released (1958) .... I was in Asheville, NC today and traveled on a couple of the "real Thunder Roads" , where portions of the movie were actually filmed :)

hes old enough to remember, trust me lol

Back