Predator 212 running issues.

HaveA Day

I bought a Predator 212 last summer, it's been sitting in the box in the garage since. Bought a stage 1 kit, took the governor out, put it on my kart a few days ago. Went to start up, and I got nothing. Fuel switch is on, red switch is on, fuels in it, oils in it. I pulled a bunch of times and nothing. Then tried some starter fluid, started right up, once I give it some gas it stumbles or dies, or if you can get past the stumble it can go wide open. Tried it again today, and I cant even get it to start. I myself am not very mechanically sound with motor stuff so not sure what to look for

Has it sat with fuel in it ?
Search cleaning the idle jet .
Quick and simple . Unscrew the idle speed adjustment screw .
Spray some wd 40 around that area .
There is a black oblong piece of plastic under the speed screw .
Twist it back an forth a quarter turn or so and wiggle pop it up .
With a small screwdriver or needle nose pliers .
In the bottom theres a real small hole clean that out .
If that don't do it pull the fuel bowel off . A 10mm screw in the center . Check for gunk or a jelly like substance spray with cleaner . Close the fuel flow valve first . Then check for fuel flow . Reassemble .

Has it sat with fuel in it ?
Search cleaning the idle jet .
Quick and simple . Unscrew the idle speed adjustment screw .
Spray some wd 40 around that area .
There is a black oblong piece of plastic under the speed screw .
Twist it back an forth a quarter turn or so and wiggle pop it up .
With a small screwdriver or needle nose pliers .
In the bottom theres a real small hole clean that out .
If that don't do it pull the fuel bowel off . A 10mm screw in the center . Check for gunk or a jelly like substance spray with cleaner . Close the fuel flow valve first . Then check for fuel flow . Reassemble .
I put fuel in it when everything was hook up and I was ready to start.

Now the one thing I can think of is, when I took the stock jet out and out the stage 1 jet in, it didnt feel right it never got tight. Just kept turning and turning. And I said to myself then that's prolly not right and could cause problems. Could that be it?

I have no idea which jet is a stage 1 . jet .
Sounds like a sales pitch .
Is it the main jet ?
Why did you not follow my suggestions ?

Last edited:
I have no idea which jet is a stage 1 . jet .
Sounds like a sales pitch .
Is it the main jet ?
Why did you not follow my suggestions ?
I'm not working on it today, just asked the question and then when I have the time I'll go mess with it. Think it's a .037 jet

Roger . Yes the jet should be tight . A narrow screwdriver is usually needed .
Did you have the carb off the engine ?

You need a screw driver that will fit into the jet hole , but make sure you are in the grove of the jet also . Tighten it up until it is snug , don't need to super tighten it , just good and snug . As Flattop suggested , check the jets and carb for anything plugging them , and make sure the E tube goes back in correctly .

Back