Predator 223cc how long with the 212 last

Duhun71

If you haven’t noticed, the new predator power washers are coming with 223cc’s on them. Store manager said he wasn’t sure how many 212’s they’d be getting in in the future as he expected they will start selling the 223 alone as the 6.5hp.

I know the “Wildcat” is already doing this at a budget price.

If harbor no longer sells the 212, will tracks have to allow the 223 in that class? Our current class is 196-212. I’d think of you can’t buy a new 212, these predator classes will have to allow them.

Just pondering as folks may be purchasing 212’s to build in the off-season.

Interesting, I've also seen the 223s at Harbor Freight. It's hard to tell being so obscured, but it seemed to me that this engine had a block similar to the wildcat or Tillotson. Like I said it's very hard to tell, so I could be wrong. Here's a pic I got a few months ago.

Attachments

• IMG_0367.jpg
    IMG_0367.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 306
This might be the beginning of the next wave of water pump/generator/rototiller motors, as when they went from the the 196 to the 212. I doubt performance is on their minds at all, it never has been nor do they even acknowledge recreational uses for their little motors. Old tooling could be worn out and its time to revamp. Possibly to ease some minds concerned about their recent price increases.

dyno cams and tillotson will sell you 212 without problem. this change to a 223 at harbor freight will get them excited.. or worried depending on what goes down this may also be a big push for LO206 or the box stock sealed 196 to take over.

The Wildcat is 27/25mm Valves, 5mm Stem, it’s safe to assume that the Predator will be the same. However, the Wildcat is a hemi head, from what I’ve seen the Predator is a non-hemi.

The Wildcat is 27/25mm Valves, 5mm Stem, it’s safe to assume that the Predator will be the same. However, the Wildcat is a hemi head, from what I’ve seen the Predator is a non-hemi.
The wildcat has a nice factory ported head. I’ve never seen inside the predator. I didn’t know the pred may be non hemi. They seem to have the same valve cover (not that that means anything) same bore in the block but the 223 has a different sidecover than the 212 and 196 as well.

How do you think they will be introduced into karting in classes other than open classes? Blended into 212 Predator classes with a weight differential? Lord knows we dont need another box stock class. Weight breaks for 212 engines?

when I go to the harbor freight sight (with my store selected) there is no 223 option available and the regular 212 is actually on sale (might be trying to get rid of them) dyno cams and tillotson have 212s available. I would imagine they will open the rules to allow the Tilly and Ducor options before moving to the 223. too bad the lo206 has been priced out of the running for most I would have preferred to move back to briggs over another china option.

I picked up one of these today and will do the autopsy tomorrow. Has anyone else pulled one of these apart yet ?

I picked up one of these today and will do the autopsy tomorrow. Has anyone else pulled one of these apart yet ?
There is a video on YouTube, there's not a ton of information, but they do measure the crankpin and cam journal, as well as the valve sizes, and valve stem diameter.

Typically motors are rounded up as my crf100 says 99cc on the cylinder. and my S90 says 89cc. they are probably still working out what to call it and what to rate it. one of my 212s dynod 8.97hp after it was broken in and another only made 4.5, hp in these things are all over the place.

Back