Predator Build

Haines92

I just got a stage 1 kit from bmi karts for my predator and decided to put a box stock carb on it from omb warehouse. I'm still waiting for it to come in the mail but was wondering if there is anything else that I need to get/do in order to use that carb or if the stage 1 kit will be alright. It came with an air filter and adapter, header and silencer, a re-jet kit, and a 8 degree timing key. I'm not really looking to pull the governor at this time, but any other help would be appreciated.

You wont see much difference without pulling the governor anyways, in my opinion its a waste of time putting a big pipe, filter and adapter and jets on the engine if you aren't planning on turning more rpm to make use of the added air and fuel you are putting into the engine and out of it. Governor is at 3800, that's only slightly above where these engines really start making power with air filter, pipe and jets upgraded. I think your wasting your money honestly, you could simply removed the governor and left it stock and seen a more noticeable difference, while still keeping the rpms at a reasonable limit, like below 6000rpm.

Back