Predator cylinder stroke

All Predator 212cc engines no matter if Hemi or Non Hemi have a stock Stroke of 2.165 +/- .005 and have a bore size of 2.756. The Honda/Clone stock Stroke is 2.125 +/- .010 and has a bore size of 2.678. The Predator engines have on average a .040 longer stroke and .075 bigger bore. You would be surprised on how many builders and track owners do not know that, and how many Predator blocks with Clone heads win at their tracks on any given weekend...

I would take it you have gone through many more cranks than me...
But the predator cranks I have been through have varied that much...
Maybe there is a difference between US shipped Predators and Canadian Predators...

The longest 212 crank I have measured was 2.170 and the shortest 2.159. Those were used around the middle of last year. The last 15 212 engines I built had an average stroke of 2.163 - 2.166. How are you measuring them?

Not really, those were the only two that was longer or shorter than what we have now. I have gone through A LOT of Predator cranks and 98% of them were 2.165 +/- .005. Again, how are you checking them? We have a stroke checker that we set the crank in and it reads the journal movement. If you are using a 3" dial indicator you could have a few thousands variance because of piston rock.

That is best left up to my dad... LOL he is a small engine Mechanic... I am a HVAC tech...lol a 1/8th inch variance is good in my trade...

We have measured several... And yes to the variance on equipment and tools...
But, we double checked with if I got this right micrometer, dial indicator, and some fancy set of measuring tools I am sure to spell wrong...
I will ask when I see him next to make sure...

On a side note we have found the Non Hemis to be more consistent than the Hemis...

True that on the Hemi's, but I have also found that the newer Hemi cranks are cut different on the rod journal and most any cam bigger than a stock one will hit the crank. This is a bigger problem with high duration cams like the Mod2 or F275.

I've had crank/cam clearance issues with the last 3 Hemi's I put together. I am using a CL-2 cam and the all hit the crank. I had to remove the flashing and smooth out the side in order to crank the cam to clear. The SA Predator I built last year had no issues. It's got a Black Mamba cam in it.

Back