preditor wont start after removing govenor

mdstephens

we have a stock predator class that is clutch and gear mandated and all we can do is remove gov. so I did motor ran before now once assembled it wont fire up its got good spark and compression and I made sure the dots were in line on crank, im new and I race a 2stroke but am helping a friend get into it and need this motor to run please help thx

I just removed the side so I could get to the governor and then put it all back the first time it bout tore my arm off when I tried to pull start it so I did research and found that I needed to align the dots on crank up, so I did and pulled much easier like it first did, I even used my starter on it to keep it cranking but still wont fire and put back and oil and gas added, now it just don't want to fire all the way

Take your valve cover off I suspect that the Tappets fell out when you took the cam out, now the rockers arms and push rods are displaced. If you have oil in it the low oil sensor will not prevent it from starting.

kart43 as matter fact they did I remember putting them bak up in there and then cam back in. what shud u look for when valve cover is off

It will be obvious, if you have the confidence to take the side cover off, get that valve cover off, you need the experience.

It's possible that your intake push rod has displaced itself from actuating the rocker arm and the intake valve is Not opening. Also, you most likely will be Best too disconnent or remove the Oil Sensor. JMO

I would not open the engine just remove the low oil sensor, unless you want to. It does give you more oil volume when it is gone but you can do that when you need to rebuild. Be sure to unplug it though as it will only cause you grief when cornering.

You need to reset your valve lash if you pulled the cam out of the engine when you removed the governor. Pull the valve cover off, make sure the rockers and pushrods and everything is in the right place and reset the valve lash with the engine at top dead center with both valves closed. You can use a screwdriver in the spark plug hole while you turn the engine over so you can see when the piston is at the top of the cylender. Set the lash, then rotate the engine over a few times and recheck the lash again. Dont remove the low oil sensor from the engine, just cut off the yellow wire in the front of the block or disconnect that wire from the rest of them and tie it off so it isnt hanging in the way or anything, simple as that.

It's possible that your intake push rod has displaced itself from actuating the rocker arm and the intake valve is Not opening. Also, you most likely will be Best too disconnent or remove the Oil Sensor. JMO

I must be 'loosing it'....i'm talking too myself!

Back