Preparing tires

If you have a set of Burris 33a's that you race and work perfectly and you want to race the very next weekend what is the best way to prepare them. I rolled them inside for 24hrs with red prep 3oz right sides only two weeks ago and raced them this past weekend, I used goat to fire off at track for each run. Question is I guess do I need to roll them in a degreaser to pull some of the goat that was put on surface or did it burn off, and do they need to be rolled inside again! Thanks for any and all advise. Greg

No Re-roll only external next time, once goat is in a tire it's in the longer cure time the better but still in, if your next race is at a track that does not require goat you need different tires, if same track just wipe outside according.

If you just wiped goat as your pre-race wipe and didn't let it get down deep in the tire, then your weekly refinishing will remove most (if not all) of the goat from the tire.
If you let goat sit on a tire, then as said above, it will always be a goat tire.
The red internal will definitely help keep oils in the tire and not let it dry out as quickly/badly as is typical when using goat a lot.

-----
Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
27 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Thanks brain that's what I was hoping for, goat was only used as a prw only, so I was thinging it would have burned most of it off! Tires were awesome this past weekend punching about 10 points softer than others (friends) but they were also cut to about .040 so they were dispersing heat well and maintaining grip. Also can you tell me how often do 33a's need rerolled, maybe in laps ran or days they may sit!

That really depends on what chemical you are rolling in them. Some are a once and done inside, others can be re-rolled several times.
Heat cycles are the primary determining factor to how often they need re-rolled. That, and time.
Most internal preps last quite a while. I've seen our red prep (Pink Panther) still pulling through the tire after 15-20 heat cycles. If you're using Welch's red, Gecker Big Red, or SBR's red, my thinking is it will react very similarly (to my knowledge those preps are similar to our Pink Panther.)
The problem with re-rolling too soon or too often (especially with Burris) is that the tire starts to get heavy (which equals SLOW.)

Thought I would put this here as it relates to the topic. Are new 33's continuing to come out of the wrapper punching 52? We start racing in late April so I figured if they need to harden up and cure I need to buy them and cut them now.

Derrick20 I was at ashway on the 2/28 track had lots of bite on red prep, went this past Saturday to dump and track was low bite (wet slick) then went dry breaking up by the end of practice but had gained some bite!

Back