Prepping tires before and in between races.

Jmudd57

Dont know if anyone has asked this what do you all use to prep your tires before you go racing or in between heats and features to help keep the tire tacky. Any special solutions stuff youve combined that seems to work good? Its for a semi flat oval track. I see people spraying stuff their tires all the time but nobody seems to want to give me hints to what theyre using.

You have not given near enough details for someone to make a guess on what prep choice will best fit your situation. What name brand of tires and what track or at least part of the country are you racing so they will know what kind of dirt you race on will prob be the first two things asked. A lot goes into figuring out what prep is the best.

Theyr most likely wiping something on to add bite to their tires, or could be trying to soften them a little if the track is wet. Each prep has a time that it works best

If I can help you out any you can give me a call. Anybody you talk to will have a lot of questions for you before they can answer your question.

So I have burris's right now but everyone seems to use vega's I race in upstate new york. I wash my tires in between my heat and feature but just with water and a sponge and i see people do the same thing except they spray something on after. Im not new too karting but its been a few years since ive raced and i used to run grooved tires but the track i race at only allows slicks so im still learning about them

talk to Earl at soco, He can help!

Thank you.
I have quite a few customers in NY, and a dealer there. We also have quite a few of the race cars using my prep and karts and the cars are having big success.
If anything i can help you with, please feel free to call or leave a message.

Back