Pro and Semi Pro classes

W5R

I see these classes posted for alot of big races when looking around on the forum here. What i also see is that alot of the same drivers who are running the Pro classes and are good enough to finish at least in the top 10 or top 5, also run the semi pro classes as well.

So my question is...What is the point of Semi Pro, if the Pro drivers are allowed to run it also? In my opinion, its classes like this that keeps people at the track until the crack of dawn most of the time.

I see these classes posted for alot of big races when looking around on the forum here. What i also see is that alot of the same drivers who are running the Pro classes and are good enough to finish at least in the top 10 or top 5, also run the semi pro classes as well.

So my question is...What is the point of Semi Pro, if the Pro drivers are allowed to run it also? In my opinion, its classes like this that keeps people at the track until the crack of dawn most of the time.

The Semi Pro here in the South has restrictions to be able to enter the class. One of them may be the driver can not have won more than $2000 at any 1 single event in the last 2 years, etc.
The idea of Semi Pro was to keep out the same top 5-8 guys who seem to always have a shot at the big money.

Just because you enter a Pro class does not make you a Pro driver, here in Central Pa Semi Pro is defined as any driver that has not earned $500 some go as high as $750 in any single race at a single event, So that automatically cuts out about 20 drivers that cannot enter, If they could 98% of total payout you could bet the farm would go to them, So without the Semi Pro class only Pro it got to the point where guy's would just quit entering and even trying because there were 5 spots being paid and they could name 15 for sure without problems they cannot out run, So Semi - Pro classes were born to give the Majority in numbers a chance at some good payouts, Semi Pro drivers are allowed to enter Pro races, but Pro drivers are NOT allowed to enter Semi Pro classes.

Just because you enter a Pro class does not make you a Pro driver, here in Central Pa Semi Pro is defined as any driver that has not earned $500 some go as high as $750 in any single race at a single event, So that automatically cuts out about 20 drivers that cannot enter, If they could 98% of total payout you could bet the farm would go to them, So without the Semi Pro class only Pro it got to the point where guy's would just quit entering and even trying because there were 5 spots being paid and they could name 15 for sure without problems they cannot out run, So Semi - Pro classes were born to give the Majority in numbers a chance at some good payouts, Semi Pro drivers are allowed to enter Pro races, but Pro drivers are NOT allowed to enter Semi Pro classes.

Maybe I worded it wrong...im not talking about guys who just enter pro classes, I'm talking abou guys who win those classes or finish in the top, then turn around and run semi pro the same day, or the following week at another track. You can just look at the list of racers in semi pro when looking at the results usually and pick out who doesn't belong in that class. Just seems to me like guys chasing easy money and easy competition instead of racing with people of their own level

Usually If your eligible for Semi pro then it's for that season, then if you go over the cap your Ineligible for the following season.

It's this very thing that keeps me from racing most of the time. 15 people show up to race and you have ten different classes with the same people in every one.

The semi pro drivers who step up and run pro are doing that to gain experience. If you never try and run with the big dogs you will never get any faster.. competition breeds competition. You get outrank week after week you learn how toget faster..Everyone opinion on who is a ametuer racer is going to vary alot..

The semi pro drivers who step up and run pro are doing that to gain experience. If you never try and run with the big dogs you will never get any faster.. competition breeds competition. You get outrank week after week you learn how toget faster..Everyone opinion on who is a ametuer racer is going to vary alot..

Nobody is talking about semi pro's that run the pro classes, id expect to see that anyways, its "pro" drivers running semi pro classes that is obvious alot of places and runs off some of the lesser skilled drivers like the guy a couple posts above said. Doesn't matter to me either way, I asked about this after talking to a couple friends of mine about money races. These guys just got into kart racing, and asked what was the point in racing a class like that if the same people who win pro classes can drop down and run semi pro also. He kinda had a good point there so I asked the question here

the problem is the rules, not the drivers.....they are enttled to run every class they are eligible for under the track rules.

Show me where Armstrong, Chavis, Knofp, Scruggs, Scott, Bajer, Dove, Young Blood, Cash, Mullis, Riggins,Mcdonald, Glover, Darnell, and Nall run a Semi Pro race. Thats just 15 off the top of my head that if they are in the house, They will be contenders for the win.

Nascar / Nation wide.. same deal...
"the problem is the rules, not the drivers.....they are enttled to run every class they are eligible for under the track rules."

I would think if you signed up to be a "pro" for the season, you should be un eligable for any racing below pro level. as for those whom are trying to break in to the pro's... maybe rookie status or limited number of races... under the rules... maybe same for Pro's moving down... limit it to a number of races each season they can cherry pick........ I don't write the rules... tough call any way you slice it..

the bigger money races all do this now. they make you run either the trophy only or semi pro class to run for the big money so they can get more entrys for the day. even the kids classes have to run a points or trophy class to run in any races for money. Thats why alot of the bigger series and money races are starting to decline you have 20-30 classes just so they can cover 1 or 2 pro races because most racers have found they got no chance to win a big pro race and most times every class is paying for the pro class with parking and higher pit passes and trophy classes.

Nobody is talking about semi pro's that run the pro classes, id expect to see that anyways, its "pro" drivers running semi pro classes that is obvious alot of places and runs off some of the lesser skilled drivers like the guy a couple posts above said. Doesn't matter to me either way, I asked about this after talking to a couple friends of mine about money races. These guys just got into kart racing, and asked what was the point in racing a class like that if the same people who win pro classes can drop down and run semi pro also. He kinda had a good point there so I asked the question here

Around here No pro drivers even try to enter the semi pro classes, but it would not be allowed any way just like it should not be allowed there.

Show me where Armstrong, Chavis, Knofp, Scruggs, Scott, Bajer, Dove, Young Blood, Cash, Mullis, Riggins,Mcdonald, Glover, Darnell, and Nall run a Semi Pro race. Thats just 15 off the top of my head that if they are in the house, They will be contenders for the win.

I doubt W5R runs those types of races, he's probably talking about some of the bigger local races in Kentucky.

There should be 1 amateur "semi pro" class and 4 stock "pro" classes.Amateur you can run for 1 year.Then you become pro.Some of today's promoters only run money class in the "pro" division but to be eligible for the money you have to enter at least 1 or more "semi pro" class.I am sorry to be so blunt but everybody can't win there has to be "field fillers" or racing does not exist.But this is America and everybody wants a trophy.So with "semi pro" and "pro" classes the promoter makes money and the "field Fillers" get there trophy or at least run better.And everybody lives happily ever after. lol

That makes sense but the pay out needs to reflect that other wise the pros have a right to complain

Just curious what would the Pro's have a right to complain about, there is PLENTY of opportunity for them, So what ever someone wishes to do for semi-pro is great, Around here you would not hear a peep from the Pro's if the Semi pro race was high dollar.

There should be 1 amateur "semi pro" class and 4 stock "pro" classes.Amateur you can run for 1 year.Then you become pro.Some of today's promoters only run money class in the "pro" division but to be eligible for the money you have to enter at least 1 or more "semi pro" class.I am sorry to be so blunt but everybody can't win there has to be "field fillers" or racing does not exist.But this is America and everybody wants a trophy.So with "semi pro" and "pro" classes the promoter makes money and the "field Fillers" get there trophy or at least run better.And everybody lives happily ever after. lol

Only one problem the owners make no money on class entries.

Just curious what would the Pro's have a right to complain about, there is PLENTY of opportunity for them, So what ever someone wishes to do for semi-pro is great, Around here you would not hear a peep from the Pro's if the Semi pro race was high dollar.

Semi-Pro should never pay more than Pro on a regular basis, if it's a one time deal, then there probably wouldn't be any animosity between the drivers, but pay more to the Semi-Pro's consistently and see what happens. :D

alot of the time the other classes help pay the pro classes because most time they are paid way more. look at alot of big races and series the pro entrys don't even pay the winner so who do you think pays, everyone else. i don't think making the other classes pay for the pro class is a good deal.

Back