Pro blend

JHW87

Anyone know anything about the pro blend tire preps or hot lap preps looking for a prep line is this any good

Original HL, HL2, and Pro-Bite are all excellent.
The answer to your question becomes simpler when we know what you want to accomplish by prepping (softer, more bite, etc.)
What are your tracks like, what kind of tires are we talking about, slicks, treads, natural rubber vs synthetic, etc.?

Also, availability of the preps in your area (dealer at the track for example) would likely weigh into your decision.

Yes, their prep is good. Is it better than other brands and for your application? Only your personal testing it will tell you for sure.

--
Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cuts
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Celebrating 25 years of service to the karting industry
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

thanks for the info Carlson ill b using it to soften up some maxxis only will b able to wipe from outside right now til I get a roller our track normally stays really tacky good red clay it will dry out in the summer so im not sure if I need to soften em up a lot or not I order a lot of my parts from turk brothers and that's the prep they offer so that's what ill prolly try I borrowed a set this past weekend from a guy he uses trac tac and it seems to work great for him but its a little expensive for me if I was a little smarter on this prepping stuff wouldn't b a big deal but I would end up using way to much and it would cost me a fortune to use the trac tac

thanks for the info Carlson ill b using it to soften up some maxxis only will b able to wipe from outside right now til I get a roller our track normally stays really tacky good red clay it will dry out in the summer so im not sure if I need to soften em up a lot or not I order a lot of my parts from turk brothers and that's the prep they offer so that's what ill prolly try I borrowed a set this past weekend from a guy he uses trac tac and it seems to work great for him but its a little expensive for me if I was a little smarter on this prepping stuff wouldn't b a big deal but I would end up using way to much and it would cost me a fortune to use the trac tac

I am not trying to steal a tread but Track Tac was mentioned in a less than favorable note.
We are only a phone call away to give you help. We will even help you if you are not using our products.

Track Tac® AT-2 is very close to the same price as HL-2 so that should not be an issue.

Pro-Bite is not available in the formula everyone remembers.
If you buy a Gallon of Track Tac® PB Base and mix it with a gallon of Naphtha VM&P you get 8 quarts of the original P-Bite.
$80.00 for the base +20.00 for the VM&P you get 8 quarts of the real formula for about $12.50 a quart. This should not be a price issue. Especially to get the real thing.

All of the Track Tac Products are very strong so just keep in mind to use about half.

Is it really more expensive per application? Is $2.00 that much less expensive than $2.50 on a set of tires that are $200.00+.

I will also keep quiet on safety issues of the "Cheap Products".

At this point in time there are a lot of competitive products contaminated with gear lube.

How much did you save if you got some of this?

Track Tac® Products takes quality seriously and we are the only or one of two companies that actually make large batches and do Quality Control.

We do most production batches at 275 gallon up to 1100 gallons per batch.

We don't make it in our backyard or garage.
How expensive is consistency?

All lots are sent to Quality Control. If it does pass it doesn't get packaged.

How much quality control was done on all the competitive products if they are on shop shelves and stinks of gear lube.

These are a few of the things you pay extra money for to get the Track Tac® Products.

And it is cheaper per application even if it costs more per quart or gallon.

All the best,
Randy

Some good points, Randy.
I don't know the whole story behind formula changes at Pro-Blend - I'm sure you and Chris do. Pro-Bite is/was an excellent product. I wasn't aware that you sold the base for it. I knew you had your own versions of HL & HL2 now. Looks like I'll be giving you a call about the PB base.

Thanks,
Brian

I've held off saying anything for awhile. But, no offense... you sue Problend to stop using a chemial in their Pro-bite, while you have been selling a copy of their HL2 and HL for years. You even admitted you didn't like selling it yet you still do, that is why you haven't advertised it alot. Don't know about Problends quality control but it has always worked for me.

I commend you for pushing safety and you do give some quality information in that respect. Yet sometimes the way you go about things is questionable and point to only selling your product.

As far as OP...HL2 inside drops tires 1 point per 10cc as does almost all other inside preps. Use that to get you close duro wise then wipe/roll outside to do the final touches. If you need a large duro drop using something more strong, not Hl2.

Good luck

I've held off saying anything for awhile. But, no offense... you sue Problend to stop using a chemial in their Pro-bite, while you have been selling a copy of their HL2 and HL for years. You even admitted you didn't like selling it yet you still do, that is why you haven't advertised it alot. Don't know about Problends quality control but it has always worked for me.

I commend you for pushing safety and you do give some quality information in that respect. Yet sometimes the way you go about things is questionable and point to only selling your product.

As far as OP...HL2 inside drops tires 1 point per 10cc as does almost all other inside preps. Use that to get you close duro wise then wipe/roll outside to do the final touches. If you need a large duro drop using something more strong, not Hl2.

Good luck

We sell a performance copy not a formula copy. We did not sue them. We just sent a letter. Get a licence or stop. They chose to stop. Many others have chosen a licence.

They chose their own fate.

Randy

Back