Problems rolling tires

Was rolling a set over night and my roller stopped. One part of the tire is 12 points softer than the rest of the tire. What are my options? Continue rolling? Trash?

I would, wash in Ammonia water and then let set outside and weather until the tire is the same points all the way around. Important to squeeze the left sides all the way down and then put the core back in on the tire. check the tire every 2 weeks. If you have any questions, feel free to call.

Chop Cutz
Porkchop Jones
(812)-447-3306

If they're that much different from one side to the other, then probably the sidewalls have become compromised as well. Assuming we're talking about Maxxis by your locale...please correct me if I'm wrong.
These tires will also be VERY out of balance from the prep sitting in them like that.

Personally, I don't think you'll ever get them to be "right" again -- Usable, maybe. For fast tracks with decent bite, I'd say they're done. You might try to re-roll them and dedicate them as a heavy roll soft set for fall cold/wet tracks.

-----
Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Celebrating 25 years of service to the karting industry
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Thanks for everyone's input. I was rolling a set of Vega tires in Andrew Dove prep looking for a duro of around 45. I will let them sit out and see if they will harden up a little bit.

I think the prep will come out eventually.
I would set the unmounted tires outside in the heat, maybe not directly in the sun and keep a check on them.
Probably take a couple of weeks at least.
If you don't think you can use them, PM and I'll come get them. :)

Back