Protect spark plug/boot?

rainman

This is a problem I am having on asphalt on my MGM chassis with every 2 cycle engine I have used. I kerp messing the boot/getting it off or even bending spark plug tip with my arm/elbow and I don't want to change move seat further left because of setup. I never had this problem with wider European chassis or on dirt oval chassis, just on this one I use on sprint asphalt tracks, specially on tight corners. I can't move engine to the right either because I can't move axle clutch any further. I tried to hold cap with springs, ties and the usual stuff but my arm/elbow keeps messing with it and had to quit several races when I was doing better. Anyone has tried to build any kind of shield? Thanks.

Tuck your elbows down tight against your sides.....something must be off if your elbow is messing with the spark plug boot...

Tuck your elbows down tight against your sides.....something must be off if your elbow is messing with the spark plug boot...

There is nothing wrong, Gil. It is my asphalt US made kart, designed for 4 cycle engines, and I have the seat close because that setup is the fastest where I race at most times. This kart is much narrower than most chassis used for this sprint tracks (usually European chassis). Mpost drivers have thinner arms too. Actually in the main I tried to keep away from it. I also found out my coil mount was loose, also messsing with ground and cutting off. Another thing is most people running 2 cycles on sprint tracks are on sit up seats while mine is a lay down seat. but that way it is faster on the straights. to move the steering wheel I might have to move the seat forward too to be able to drive, so no solution and added to that it would change working set up too. Chain might be an idea though it is not very long right now. We´ll see. Thanks a lot.

Back