Question about rockers ?

Boostedego

Is anyone running a 308 cam with 26lb springs stock rtc 9 valves and rockers with a 1.3 on intake im curious to know if im able to run a 1.3 on intake with a pull start or would it break my arm or be too much lift ? Thanks in advance .

If your decompressor is intact and your exhaust valve is adjusted correctly the resistance at the pull cord will not change much.

I broke a 26# spring with 1.2:1 rockers and a 307 cam. Worse part, we were leading the feature by half a lap. Look up your coil bind numbers on NRs site and see how close you are.

Can anyone tell me at what point the decompression lever will fail with heavy springs and ratio rockers?

The decomp lever has nothing to do with springs or rockers...
It was designed for easy starts, and a motor that runs at 3000rpm for hrs or days at a time...

You shouldnt have any problems with 1.3 rockers, 26lb springs and 308 cam...that is a pretty good combo in my opinion...not too much spring to bend pushrods or break rockers but enough to get the job done. The 26lb spring coil binds at around .400 lift, and you are close to that using the 308 and 1.3 rockers, just make sure you arent at coil bind and you're good to go, if its closer than you like you could cut the spring pockets just enough to keep from coil binding

Yakattack, I don't know about the Predator decompression lever like talked about in post one and two.
But I do know the briggs lever will break when it has to work to open the exhaust valve and there is too much spring pressure. So I don't understand why you say it has nothing to do with it?

You shouldnt have any problems with 1.3 rockers, 26lb springs and 308 cam...that is a pretty good combo in my opinion...not too much spring to bend pushrods or break rockers but enough to get the job done. The 26lb spring coil binds at around .400 lift, and you are close to that using the 308 and 1.3 rockers, just make sure you arent at coil bind and you're good to go, if its closer than you like you could cut the spring pockets just enough to keep from coil binding

Awesome thank you do you know were i can get stock length chromoly pushrods? Not cut too length ones.

Back