questions about a predator clone

Evanguy

I apologize i advance to you guys if you get these questions all the time, i have searched quite a bit looking for this info but cant seem to find it out there.

i bought a Powerfist 212 engine ( i was under the assumption it was a relabeled predator 212)

i got it from Princess Auto (HF for Canada) here is a link to the actual engine i bought. https://www.princessauto.com/en/212cc-ohv-gas-engine/product/PA0009089269

so for the questions, im just not sure what i have, it seems to be a mix of parts. I'm looking to build it and I need to know what engines to order the parts for

the cylinder head is an odd ball its non hemi but has 5.5mm valve steams, 27mm intake, 25mm exhaust. so that's a non hemi head with hemi valves in it. its for sure a non hemi head, it has an octagon valve cover, non hemi combustion chamber, and non rectangle valve cover gasket

the cam, flywheel and rod are the ones I cant figure out

using these measurements what would these parts be (clone, hemi, non hemi)

CAM - journal size 0.550" (i believe this is a "HEMI" cam)

ROD - big end 1.180"
small end 0.709"
CtC length 3.304"

FLYWHEEL - big end bore 0.870"
small end bore 0.670"
taper length 1.020"

Thanks in advance

so far it seems its a non hemi head but hemi sized valves, non hemi piston but a hemi cam shaft

here is a pic of the head and some parts
53458474619_f40c00da07_b.jpg

Last edited:
I would be making a call to arc or box stock project. tell them what you have and what you want to do with it.

thanks for the replies and the links

i have done quite a bit of cross referencing part measurements and i believe i have it figured out other then the flywheel. i still haven't found anyone list the taper big end and small end sizes for any gx/clone/hemi/non hemi

if anyone is interested this is what i have found out of about motor ill start from the top down. it seems to be a real mix of parts.

cylinder head is non hemi non predator (this is the head https://www.ombwarehouse.com/bare-cylinder-head-for-27-25mm-valves.html )
valves are predator 212 hemi valves 25mm/ 27mm/ 5.5mm
push rods are predator 212 non hemi 3.260"
piston is and odd one. its dished like the predator 212 non hemi but huge compression height. 0.038" ring thickness and 0.930 comp height
cam is a predator 212 hemi cam 0.549 cam journal
the rod is a GX200/clone rod ARC#6270 3.303/ 1.180/ 0.709
the crank has the gx/clone sized rod journal (i still need to figure out the flywheel taper, it might be gx or might be predator, i have found mixed information)

i have found that ARC makes a longer rod for the GX/clone crank size (1.180") that will allow me to use the factory style pistons that have the .570" compression height or the forged piston compression height of 0.640", and the longer rod helps with the rod to stroke ratio.

after dong a little math and figuring i have found out what combo of piston and rod to use.
my plan is to use the ARC 6268 3.707" length rod
and Wiseco piston unchromed 2.776x .640 x .440
then machine about 0.075" off the piston top to set 0 deck height.

Last edited:
So it seems I figured out the flywheel as long as this info is correct and it does line up with the crank I have in front of me.

Based of this quote, found on post 15 of this thread https://4cycle.com/karting/threads/taper-angle.24445/
"
Hemi = 0.728 in. small dia.
Honda starter = 0.676 in. small dia.

and the taper bore lengths are different, with the hemi being longer.

Hemi = 0.991 in.
Honda starter = 0.975 in"

It seems the crank for this motor uses the predator 212 flywheel. But uses the gx/clone rod journal size.

Back