Questions

tre21

Ok here's were im at
Daughters first year in karting so trying to put together everything needed to get started.
Had a older prc stalker givin to me by a friend but needs some work.
Saw a deal i couldnt pass up and jumped in with both feet.
Got a 04 nemesis roller ( little scratched up on the bottom but otherwise like new)
adult seat and jr seat,2 jr bodies, 1 adult body, weights, extra lf wheel/tire, flathead pipe and yellow clone with all the goodies installed, for 350.00
Now the problem......the clone had a 50 cent piece size hole in the front of the block.
So what do I need (havent taken motor apart yet to see what damage inside)
Can i go and buy a standard clone motor (dover power for example) transfer all the stuff over and go get dirty or do i need to buy something a little more race oriented( i.e. dover power engine kit 1)
Really just trying to get her on track for practice to see how she handles it before throwing her into a pack and watching the carnage take place.

If it were me i would get the whole kit motor. along with the carb for the color plate she will be on. check and see if the blown up motor has a billet flywheel that will save u a few dollars if so. imo u wont go wrong dealing with Jerry at dover. best of luck to u and her.

Get ahold of Ken Chub who runs Lil Greenwood. His track is local to you guys and one thing about Ken is that he is in it for the kids. I'm sure he can get you steered in the right direction. With kids the first step is simply getting them in decent handling kart and getting them to simply turn some laps. You will hear everyone say it and it is the truth when starting out... Seat time, and after that more seat time. His user name here is racing promoter and their web site is www.greenwoodraceway.com

Good luck and have fun!

Get ahold of Ken Chub who runs Lil Greenwood. His track is local to you guys and one thing about Ken is that he is in it for the kids. I'm sure he can get you steered in the right direction. With kids the first step is simply getting them in decent handling kart and getting them to simply turn some laps. You will hear everyone say it and it is the truth when starting out... Seat time, and after that more seat time. His user name here is racing promoter and their web site is www.greenwoodraceway.com

Good luck and have fun!

Thanks Arnie

As stated I'm close to ya and would be more than happy to help get ya set up, I know you said your close to Susquehanna little kart track and if that's where you choose to race that's great, but just a heads up that small of a track will be tougher for her to get started than a little bit bigger track ( more room ) plus pretty sure Todd does not offer practice nights, our 2015 schedule will soon post we offer Wed night practice sessions then race on Fri Nights, I would gladly loan ya a motor to start on until ya figure out what class and where to run, plus have everything ya need to get it set up properly, would loan ya Tires as well and I know ya won't beat the price ( FREE ) lol !!

Feel Free to contact me 717-712-3437

i will try to call you this weekend, depending on what the better half has planned,lol. Have to grab a case of beer and "talk shop".
Thanks again for all the help.

The clone sounds like it's kicked a rod. You'll probably end up being able to cannibalize the head, flywheel, and most other external parts. Make sure the flywheel key didn't dig into the flywheel when it locked up, sometimes they do and it ruins the flywheel too.
If the rest of the parts are good, transfer them over to a new clone "longblock" and you'll be good to go.

Back