race fuel

trey johnson

I just bought a animal and a chassis and I know he's running methanol but I don't know which of the methanol gas he was running... I asked and all they could tell me is alcohol. So if anyone can point me in the right direction on gas I should run, I'd greatly appreciate it

Yea I know I don't know why I put gas... I don't have a local shop closest one might be 2 or more hours from me but there is a place I can get methanol 30 minutes away

Just be sure to get "straight" METHANOL with no additives such as upper end lube or oils. It should be perfectly clear as water, no coloring at all.

If you're getting it from a farm supply, make sure they haven't mixed water in it for tractor tires.

I just bought a animal and a chassis and I know he's running methanol but I don't know which of the methanol gas he was running... I asked and all they could tell me is alcohol. So if anyone can point me in the right direction on gas I should run, I'd greatly appreciate it

Seeing you're in Louisiana check with

Edge Racing Fuel
830-560-1690
vpfuelman@msn.com

If they aren't close to you they can tell you a dealer that is

Be sure to get the VP M1

I found a guy that's sales alcohol but I'm having a little tuning problem I believe the air and fuel mixture is right because I can turn tires over on cement but sometimes it will start idling high then sometimes it will try to die at full throttle so I'm guessing fuel pump getting to much fuel or not enough I BRAND NEW at this so I'm learning how to and how the carb should be set up... but any help would be nice

Buy it at the track, that way you get the correct stuff and you support a guy that might have a part you need some night to keep you running, plus you're sure of fresh fuel.

Back