Race Track Notes

TCash176

Putting together a binder for all the tracks we will race at this year. I know I can just use notebook paper, but I really would prefer to have a page that I can just print multiple copies of, so my notes are always set up the same.

Any of you guys have an example you are willing to share?

Set up sheets aren't really what I'm looking for.

Just looking for a more organized way to record my notes for each race. Things such as weather, gear-rpm-lap time, what was done tire wise between each time on track, air pressure, etc.

Right now I have just blank notebook paper but I believe I'll type up my own thing and print it off. Really I want something typed just so my notes for every weekend look the same

Just looking for a more organized way to record my notes for each race. Things such as weather, gear-rpm-lap time, what was done tire wise between each time on track, air pressure, etc.

Right now I have just blank notebook paper but I believe I'll type up my own thing and print it off. Really I want something typed just so my notes for every weekend look the same
Your looking fo something like this?
http://nogoats.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/1-setup-sheet-pg-1.pdf

Yes and No.

While the nogoats stuff is a great baseline one, I need more space for prepping information and such, and less for set up. We don't typically change set up at all once at the track, and if we do I know how much % each washer will change.

Im looking for more room to write about the weather, track conditions, and what we did to the tires

Here is the one I use. Space would get pretty tight if you write a lot though.

I couldn't use the Phantom sheets because the kart is pointed the wrong direction.:confused:

Attachments

• Kart Setup Sheet.jpg
    Kart Setup Sheet.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 213

I'll send you a copy my home-made Race Day Data Sheet if you give me an email.
I track most of stuff you are looking for except tire prep. You can add it if need to.
Let me know if you want the sheet and if you can use it/like it.

How about posting something close to what you do now. Everybody has a different idea of what they want to know from day-to-day. A spreadsheet is best for recording this information. IMHO With the spreadsheet you can enter the data live or do a few printouts for hand entry at the track.

Apache OpenOffice is a free download. It's a very good spreadsheet, very compatible with Excel. If you download it, be sure you down load Apache OpenOffice. There are a lot of rip-offs. You want to get from the source.

Back