Real quick guest ion about cc's

MBPhenom

How does the uas check the cc's of an engine is the the engine torn apart and bore and stroke checked or do they liquid check them trough the plug hole or both

I've seen it checked on an air cooled 2 stroke back at the 2003 Nationals at Naugles. The head was pulled.
You can't use fluid on a 2 stroke. It would flow right out of transfers and exhaust.
Mike

Well the reason I ask is because I'm in the process of building a custom engine can't go into to much detail sorry but I believe my bore and stroke us border line illegal

Yea but the way I like my engines is always borderline illegal so most of the time if I run a gas engine that builds carbon I have to clean the components in the combustion chamber to stay legal in a liquid cc check .i just love building engines with super tight tollerences .its fun to watch tech men scratch their heads and double check everything only to find out they can't kick me in tech haha

A liquid cc check is for compression, not displacement. Carbon deposits don't influence displacement. Ah...never mind.
Mike

In akra for box stock they liquid check engines for compression that is correct but a liquid check could also be use for cc check as well. And yes carbon can change the volume if the combustion chamber .the more carbon build up the lower the cc would be therefore if you build an engine that is border line illegal and it gets carbon buildup then it will fell a cc check . But I do see where you're coming from on measuring bore and stoke over a liquid check you checking to see how big the displacement of the engine is not to see how small the combustion chamber is

Mike is 100% correct! Carbon build up will absolutely NOT change the displacement of an engine....it will lower the combustion chamber size increasing the compression. That has nothing to do with UAS engine SIZE rules.....compression is OPEN. As far as checking the displacement with a liquid check? sounds like a BIG (inaccurate) MESS to me and not an accepted option for measuring bore and stroke.

Yea I agree guys on the bore and stoke check I've had my head in my butt and have been thinking box stock crap for a little bit as you guys know they check the cc's in box stock with a liquid check to check for raised compression

Back