Reapers

I have read to prep Reapers the same as a yellow Vega. Can someone elaborate? I have never worked with the yellow Vegas on dirt.

I have read to prep Reapers the same as a yellow Vega. Can someone elaborate? I have never worked with the yellow Vegas on dirt.
I wouldn't agree with that at all , Now treat them same as you would Maxxis Pinks ( for the same track ) , Exception NO INTERNAL in the reapers , At least for tracks around here that's pretty much gets ya close .

You "might" prep them the same as a Vega if you're on the same type of track surface, but you can't just say to always prep them the same.
Also consider that some internals break down the sidewalls while others do little to nothing to sidewalls.
Then there is the old Reapers which had floppy sidewalls like a Burris compared to the newer Reapers which are more akin to Maxxis Pinks. Which do you have? That would be a big determining factor in which internal (if any) to use.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
www.youtube.com
35 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

I was running the old reapers last weekend and can only assume my competition was on the newer. I’ve had the three sets of tires since 2022 and never ran them. The fastest set were cut and wiped well in advance with Nall’s Black Edge and Pink Magic reaper at the track. I feel like everything else was where it should be ( motor rpm, gearing, setup). I have since bought a set of the reaper 2.0 and will give them a shot this weekend. I did notice that they are already thinner than the originals.

Back