Rebel Series driver needs your thoughts and prayers

Rebel21

2008 Rebel Series Champion and Series regular Keith Clark, is in need of your thoughts and all the prayers he can get. Keith was involved in a one car accident Wednesday afternoon, and is listed in serious condition in the I.C.U. at UPMC Hamot Hospital in Erie Pa.

He suffered may broken and fractured bones including a fractured skull in three places, collar bone, shoulder blade, arm, leg, ribs, back, two collapsed lungs, and air around his brain.

He was suppose to have surgery yesterday, that got canceled until Monday now in order to give his lungs more time to improve. All though things did not look good or promising Wednesday evening, as of yesterday the doctors did say, it looks like a very, very long and miserable road a head for Keith, but they expect him to make a full recovery in the future.

I will post and talk about most anything racing and to do with the Series, but seldom post anything personal, I have always believed personal is personal, but I do believe Keith needs all the prayers he can get as he is very far from out of the woods yet. In the time of need and disaster family is the one thing you always can count on, and I have been racing for 36 years now, and look at and feel the racing community is part of our family!!!

Again thanks,
Mike Clark

I'm not much of a religious man, but thoughts and prayers go out to Keith! It's not your time yet.

That's nfg. Thoughts and Prayers from my Family. You are correct Mike we all are family and hope one of our brothers pulls through this OK.

First thanks to everyone that has posted their thoughts and prayers, and all the offers for help (right now it is just in the doctors and Gods hands) it means so, so much to myself and all my family, and most important Keith!!! My mother doesn't look or follow Bobs 4-cycle, but now every night when they get home from the hospital she makes my dad get on and show her all the response, and it really makes her feel better!!!

I am sorry haven't given an up date yet, been at the hospital when not at work or sleeping. So the latest is: Keith is still in a medical induced coma, The biggest issue as of right now is he is still unable to breathe on his own. They started to get his breathing better and attempted his first surgery to start repairing some of his bones, they had to cut the surgery short repairing only his shoulder before his breathing went bad again. Since then he has struggled with breathing and they are trying a few different things. If things don't improve by today, they may be flying him to Pittsburgh as the hospital believes in Pittsburgh they have more and better resources to try and help him. They have waken him from the coma a couple times for just a minute to check his response, and he can follow simple commands like squeeze your right hand, left hand, wiggle your toes. As of right now that is the latest and all I know. I will be heading to the hospital a little later, and will fill everyone in on the latest today, sometime this evening!

Again thanks from my family to all of you!!! It really does help and feel good that everyone is thinking and praying for Keith!!! Any one that would like quicker up dates or would like to talk to me in person feel free to call me at (814)528-1800, I had a few calls already from a few!

Thanks,
Mike Clark

Mike, I have been in the position you are in many years ago. I almost gave up hope. The Doctors always seemed to have bad news, I think they don't want to give us too much hope just in case things don't go well. The human brain, body, and spirit are amazing. With everyone supporting Keith, unbelievable things will happen. Thoughts and prayers.

So much of the time the power of prayer is so greatly under estimated. Its all in Gods hands and some times we get so caught up in things we lose touch with that. It is a great sign that he is squeezing hands to follow commands, I will continue to pray for him and for you to be strong for your family. If you put it in perspective you are blessed that he is still here.

So sad to hear about the condition of Keith. Here's to a full recovery and some relief for your family.
Best of Luck,
Mike

Over the last few days Keith has shown some little improvement! He was able to avoid being transferred to Pittsburgh. They have cut way back his breathing help and is breathing a little more on his own. I know it is just a little but it is promising and in the right direction! As anything new becomes available will keep all up dated!!!

Again thanks to everyone for your responses, thoughts, and prayers it really means a lot and does help!

Mike Clark

I have let him know everyone is thinking of him!!! The latest up date: He had surgery Thursday on his leg and that went great, He is also breathing on his own now, and they have him awake now and out of the coma. A lot of good and positives the last few days. He still is not by any means out of the woods yet, but is making some good progress! He still is unable to talk yet, but he looks at you and smiles and will nod his head yes or no.

Again thanks all, it is nice to be involved with a great group of people! Will give more up dates when anything new comes about or happens.

Mike

Back