Recovering from surgery

captnimo

Site Supporter
With all the bad publicity that the Veterans Administration has received lately I thought I would post some good news from me and the VA at Indianapolis Indiana. As a D.A.V. I have dealt with the Indy VA office for over 50 years and most of the time have been very satisfied with their care given and offered me.
It was discovered last month that I had a very serious heart problem, one vein in heart 100% blocked, three 70% blocked and two 20% blocked. It was also determined that stints were not much of an option and that I should have some bypass surgery done.
Well Wednesday at around 10am by pass surgery commenced and was concluded around 5:30 pm, the Surgeon bypassed the 100% blocked vein, all three of the 70% and also one of the smaller veins.
My wife and son were provided with lodging all the time I was at the VA facility at Indianapolis Indiana, I could not have asked for better care from everyone who was part of this surgery. I was released Sunday around noon and made it home around 3pm Sunday evening. Every group who was involved with my surgery and care have contacted me since I was released, these include the Surgeons , the dieticians, the pharmacy ,the x-ray department, the diabetic group and also the group who provide equipment etc. The calls have continued every day since I was released checking on my condition and my needs for recovery. Monday morning I took my first un assisted steps at home and walked over 500 ft.
Not only do I want to give credit to the VA , but also to all my family and friends for their prayers and well wish's as I know it takes them all.
Please keep all our veterans in your prayers and given the chance go visit your nearest VA facility and show your support.
To all my Digatron customers thanks you for being patient with me until I got back home, I'm back to assisting our customers with their instrument needs.

Cecil Grubb
Digatron/GDAC Tech consultant

WOW CECIL,I am so glad your on the road to recovery sorry I did not know of your surgery but even though I did not know of your situation you have always in my prayers.Yes the VA is not all bad glad its been good to you.

Cecil,
its great to hear that things go right sometimes too! Thanks for your service and we all hope you continue to get the best of care as should all Verterans and Service members.

Get well soon!

Good to hear you are up and feeling better Cecil. My mother had By-pass surgery and I know it is difficult for all involved.

I also have had good things to say about the VA facilities I have received care from. My Primary Care is in Goshen, IN, I have had test run at Marion, IN as well as Ft Wayne, IN. I have also went through lots of Drs as they rotate in and out of different facilities as they gain experience I guess...lol

It is to bad that so many people do not give Vets the respect we deserve. Hats off to all my fellow Veterens, Active Duty and Reserve.

#31 Jackie Rich

Last edited:
Back