Regina chain

type36

I bought a Regina kart chain, and using a chain breaker, cut it to the correct length. Supplied with chain is a joining link, not the clip type. How do you peen over the pins after assembly? Really do not want to BFH a new chain.

I bought a Regina kart chain, and using a chain breaker, cut it to the correct length. Supplied with chain is a joining link, not the clip type. How do you peen over the pins after assembly? Really do not want to BFH a new chain.

I would just get a good clip type masterlink and use it. An RLV will work. I think masterlinks have gotten a bad rap. I've had more problems using the press the pin back in technique or the peen the link method than I have with a good quality masterlink with a good clip. Just make sure the clip side doesn't interact with something like the tooth profile going into the clutch drum.(turn the clip away) Just make sure the clip opening is away from the direction of travel and the closed end of the clip is toward the direction of travel. Just my 2 cents. Take Care

P.S. You can't buy a better chain than a Regina if you are putting out any power. Little more friction but it is much stronger and won't stretch nearly as quick as others...

if you must use master link take you a piece of pop can cut a small sliver just big enough to go under the spring clip then fold the edges over to form a safety clip, to prevent the spring clip from opening up.

I don't like and won't use a master Link. All I run is Regina chains. The easiest way is to put the link through and place it on the back of a vice, or hard metal surface that can be hammered on. Use a small ball peen hammer and peen the edge of the two pins over the plate.

Always always double check to ensure the chain isn't binding there. You can mark it with paint or sharpie if you want to be able to find the link to check it often. If the link is binding, use your chain break and barely tighten the pin remover against the side you peened. And barely press the pin to loosen it and allow it to unbind. If it was peened properly, it will not fall off.

If you have a press, this works even better. Make a small fixture to sit only on the pin to peen two sides of the pin down like the factory. Works really well if you have access to a press. Take most of the risk of binding the chain out.

if youve ever seen what a chain whip looks like from using a master link youd think different about using one.......

Simply press the pin back in and it will stay.Over the years I have done hundreds of chains this way.

I use my chain breaker to press the pin back in.Carefully center all the parts together.After you press the pin back in place take your chain tool and apply a little pressure onto the side where the pin re-enters the chain.Not to much pressure or you will have a binding spot on your chain.

Regina comes factory with a "new" link that hasn't been peened. Thus the need to peen this new link or it will fall out.

I always break loose and press in the existing links on the chain .I don't use the link that is loose in the box.I started out using what we called Space Chain way back in the 70's.

Back