replacing bearings

88racing

Could anyone tell me whats the easiest way to pop in new spherical bearings in the caster blocks I dont have a bearing press so was wondering if u can it them in with a rubber mallet without ruining them or maybe someone has a better idea?

Could anyone tell me whats the easiest way to pop in new spherical bearings in the caster blocks I dont have a bearing press so was wondering if u can it them in with a rubber mallet without ruining them or maybe someone has a better idea?

Never hammer on a bearing. I use a big vise and it worked well for me to press them in.

Thanks I didnt think of that I have a big vice I can use to should I wrap it with a cloth to keep the vice from digging into it?

Thanks I didnt think of that I have a big vice I can use to should I wrap it with a cloth to keep the vice from digging into it?

I use two pieces of rubber one piece in the front of it and one piece on the backside of it to protect the Barings. I also found out that it is easier to put one bearing in at a time. Hope this helps.

Back