Results for Race #2 Carolina Unlimited Allstars @ Possum Kimgdom 4/5/14

His corner speed was his advantage I don't think he had any more power then Stacy's. Kart or mine set up and tires plus great driver

His corner speed was his advantage I don't think he had any more power then Stacy's. Kart or mine set up and tires plus great driver

Watch the first few laps again, he pulled 5-6 kart lengths on the very first straight then screwed up the first corner and then drove another several kart lengths to the next corner. That was not corner speed, yes he had good corner speed too, but look how high he comes off the turns he deffinately wasn't hooked like chavous or yow.

Watch the first few laps again, he pulled 5-6 kart lengths on the very first straight then screwed up the first corner and then drove another several kart lengths to the next corner. That was not corner speed, yes he had good corner speed too, but look how high he comes off the turns he deffinately wasn't hooked like chavous or yow.

Your correct. Armstrong and Yow were the only two in the 80+ mph top speed in qualifying. Armstrong at 83 and Yow at 82 the lap before our drivetrain broke. We knew going to the BRC, we would be lacking chute speed. Just didn't realize just how much and its very visible. We were too low on gear and the had not practiced the kart but neither would have made the difference. The 500 speedway motors will keep pulling hard on the top end. You can turn them tighter and they will keep pulling but you just don't need to. After about 5 laps our handling went away on the BRC as we had scrambled to prepare it. We feel a spindle was bent from an accident at 120 the week before as when we checked the toe before placing it on the track was out about 1/4" and should not have been. That being said, Later in the race Armstrong was backing off early down the chute and rolling quite comfortable into the corners. Quite honestly with our limited experience of 2 practice sessions and a qualifier I don't see how we ever ran against these monsters with any success. Now that we have a little more experience with this package we wont be giving any more races away. :)

Back