Rf spindle location

jgarner

What handling difference will I notice if I move the RF spindle in the forward mounting holes vs the rearward? thanks

You will off-set your wheelbase, I run my RF in the front position and the LF in the rear position, Reason being that most vehicles will turn easier to the shortest wheelbase side, direct from the Bear Alignment Manual.

What handling difference will I notice if I move the RF spindle in the forward mounting holes vs the rearward? thanks

What you will notice is a kart that will transfer on and off the RF faster. You will also notice the RF biting harder. This is all due to the fact that you're moving the entire RF assembly closer to the kart's center of gravity.

The type of track you run on may dictate which position. We usually ran our RF forward on larger tracks and back on shorter tracks, because of the transfer rate. But when we started running a more radical (aggressive) set up, we left it back regardless of track size because it allowed for faster transfer and the driver could get back in the throttle faster and drive through the corner harder. Sometimes though, it just comes down to driver preference.

Back