right rear weight

Farm then Race

Having trouble on the scales. Need to drop 5 pounds on rr. What is the best way to adjust. Can't lose any left or nose weight to be with in numbers.

Add cross
Seat mounted properly?
all the way forward, and the RS seat strut about 3 3/4 off the motor rail?

If I add cross by moving lf won't that take weight off of left side? Jr1 kart having trouble keeping left side and nose weight up looking for 53% left and 47 % nose.

Having trouble on the scales. Need to drop 5 pounds on rr. What is the best way to adjust. Can't lose any left or nose weight to be with in numbers.
I don't know what the weight is for your class, but with 320 pounds, this is what the corners need to weigh to make the RR 45 pounds. Is this what you're looking for?
Total 320
Front 47 %
Left 53 %
Cross 71.9 %

Left Front % 14.06%
Left Front lbs 45

Right Front % 32.94%
Right Front lbs 105.4

Left Rear % 38.95%
Left Rear lbs 124.64

Right Rear % 14.06%
Right Rear lbs 45

Front Cross lbs 60.40 Difference Right to Left
Front Cross % -57.36%

Rear Cross lbs (79.64) Difference Left To Right
Rear Cross % -177.22%

Weight minimum is 250. I'm at 259. Lf 50 rf 72 rr 52 lr 85 currently. Al have gotten your spreadsheet from you and I'm trying to use it for set up thank you. I just am having trouble making the right adjust to get me to the desired weights. I'm not by my kart or computer right now but will post the corner weights I'm looking for when I get to them.

Total 259
Front 47 %
Left 53 %
Cross 63.7 %

Left Front % 18.15%
Left Front lbs 47

Right Front % 28.84%
Right Front lbs 74.7

Left Rear % 34.85%
Left Rear lbs 90.26

Right Rear % 18.15%
Right Rear lbs 47

Front Cross lbs 27.70 Difference Right to Left
Front Cross % -37.09%

Rear Cross lbs (43.26) Difference Left To Right
Rear Cross % -92.00%

Weight minimum is 250. I'm at 259. Lf 50 rf 72 rr 52 lr 85 currently. Al have gotten your spreadsheet from you and I'm trying to use it for set up thank you. I just am having trouble making the right adjust to get me to the desired weights. I'm not by my kart or computer right now but will post the corner weights I'm looking for when I get to them.

What chassis is it ? year and model ? I'd say your worrying about nothing ! what are the cambers set at ?

09 ultramax element. Trying to set everything to Jr 1 guidelines in back of owners manual. Camber was at -2.75r and +.5l. Going to recheck again after adjustments.

09 ultramax element. Trying to set everything to Jr 1 guidelines in back of owners manual. Camber was at -2.75r and +.5l. Going to recheck again after adjustments.

You got good starting numbers now, don't sweat that RR weight being 2 lbs more than the LF, Run it and see what ya got, your time will be better spent on making sure the tires are right, even if you get the RR 5 lbs less for a Jr 1 driver your NEVER gonna know any difference than running it as is.

Once you run it, IF you have a handling issues it's NOT because the RR is 5lb heavier than the sheet your looking at, It' because other %ages need changed, or Tires are not right.

Good Luck !!

You got good starting numbers now, don't sweat that RR weight being 2 lbs more than the LF, Run it and see what ya got, your time will be better spent on making sure the tires are right, even if you get the RR 5 lbs less for a Jr 1 driver your NEVER gonna know any difference than running it as is.

Once you run it, IF you have a handling issues it's NOT because the RR is 5lb heavier than the sheet your looking at, It' because other %ages need changed, or Tires are not right.

Good Luck !!

Agree

If you are hung up on those #'s try moving the RR wheel out or the LR wheel in . You might get the weight you want, but there are other, bigger things you are changing.

Thanks guys for the help and advice. Finally got it set up close to the starting numbers. Can be challenging to keep an eight year old in a seat when it's this hot and humid and when it's taking awhile because of my errors. I really appreciate the help and a great forum like this to gather and read information.

Back