Road Rat xr

mdcaldwell74

Looking at buying this our first kart but I am having trouble finding info. Does any one have experience with one and what are you willing to share about it

Road Rats are garbage, buy a used kart off someone on this thread. You can find a much better option with spares for less.

I had one (not by choice) and the frame bent quite easily, other parts not high quality. They look okay but not worth the $$$ IMO.

Looking at buying this our first kart but I am having trouble finding info. Does any one have experience with one and what are you willing to share about it

Road Rat karts are Chinese mass produced 'racing karts'....... started up by 2 'Murricans who wanted to cash in on the karting craze that was a few years ago, sold at an affordable price point. I certainly commend them for doing this because, let's face it, karts are overpriced for what they are, basically a bare steel frame with only a few parts added on to it. The karting manufacturers are eye-gouging us left to right, upside down rightside up, inside out, what have you.... and I'm sick of this. $50 for a freakin 'specialized' nut bolt or whatever just because we can't find it at Home Depot and they know this so they charge a ridiculous amount? Screw you kart manufacturers! OK, rant over. I do remember when the 2 owners of these Road Rat Karts sent out a few of their cjhassis to test up against 'real' racing kart manufacturers' chassis and I believe they did pretty well considering they were less than half the cost, and held their own. Quality wise it's not up to par, I would say.... but who knows, you might just put that sucker on the podium. With that said, just be aware that it is a Chinese kart, but like I said, I'm not going to judge it because I've yet to ridden one.

The original Road Rat frame was made from mild steel. They were redesigned a few years ago and are now made from chrome moly steel.

Back