Rolling inside prep

MTSk&p

What is the best inside prep? The best way to roll it(temp, time)? How much to use to get to a certian result? Off the rim or on and pull the core? Very new to inside rolling any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

The amount and the time will depend on which prep you are using. For most treatments you will want to roll with the tire mounted. If I can help you in any way give me a call.

There are many factors to inside rolling. First of all what kind of tires are you attempting to roll? I make and use 2 different inside preps. One is for open tires, t3 maxxis, firestones, vegas...etc. My other inside prep is for EL maxxis and Hooiser H 500's. Send me a pm or give me a call 478 231 1555 and I can go into more detail on what would be yiur best options.

ROB PEACOCK RACING SERVICES

MASTER GRIP PREPS

REAL DEAL TIRES

Good question MTSk&p, here's some wonders about it I've had too.

I've heard bb's are put in the tire when rolling inside prep, to keep the prep off the sidewalls.

Is that true? Seems like there's a multitude of ways to apply inside prep. From off the rim to on the rim, to bb's used or not, to heat applied or not, to do you have air in the tire or not. I think just what I quickly thought of and what MTSk&p mentioned, makes 64 different combination of ways to apply inside prep.

Good question MTSk&p, here's some wonders about it I've had too.

I've heard bb's are put in the tire when rolling inside prep, to keep the prep off the sidewalls.

Is that true? Seems like there's a multitude of ways to apply inside prep. From off the rim to on the rim, to bb's used or not, to heat applied or not, to do you have air in the tire or not. I think just what I quickly thought of and what MTSk&p mentioned, makes 64 different combination of ways to apply inside prep.

It's all personal preference. People use BB's inside the tires to roll them without the rim. I prefer to roll with the rim on the tire, it is just easier that way.

Some people swear by no heat, others swear by heat. I prefer heating for an hour or so and then just rolling the rest of the time without any heat. I feel like it helps pull the internal through the tire more. JMO though. I don't roll the whole time with heat because I feel like it will help soften the tire, which is most often not what I want to achieve

Mostly maxxis Ht3, going to start experimenting with some yellow vega(s) before long. We are running on packed red clay in central NC. I am just recently looking to take on tire prepping on my own.

For the Maxxis on the wheel without heat roll for 24 hours. Anywhere from 3psi to race pressure. At 90 degrees in a hot box 6-12 hours.

Roll the tire at room temp 70 degrees or so..... roll it for 24 hours.... depending on the prep you use usually decides the amount of time the tire needs to cure in order for it to be "race ready." Air pressure when rolling is debate able. I use 12 psi and any tire I roll..... keep it simple. Why 12lbs.? I don't really Know I just keep it consistent when I set the air after adding internal prep. I also only roll 60cc at a time in a 24 hour period. Reason for that is I don't want any prep on the sidewalls of the tires.....

Btw don't buy into the EL prep is for EL tires.... it's a bunch of bs..... the prep you use on a pink maxxis or vega will work for EL if you go that route on tires.... just different ways to prepare the tire.....

Feel free to shoot me a pm for any more info...

Mostly maxxis Ht3, going to start experimenting with some yellow vega(s) before long. We are running on packed red clay in central NC. I am just recently looking to take on tire prepping on my own.

Im in upstate SC, if theres anything i can do for you, please feel free to message, call, text. I know a lot of the tracks.

Back