Round cuts vs Flat cuts and why?

Torg37

Just like the title says. I have had some inquiries about which ones to use and why? Well I am no expert by any means, so I thought I would put this out there and see what you all thought. give some detail on why and where so we can all be educated please. thanks

Round cuts for a lower bite track or a wetter track. A round cut will soften the spring rate of the tire and in turn make that tire roll over more or bite more.

Flat cuts for a track that has good bite or is taking rubber. The flat cuts will help in keeping the spring rate of the tire up and in return will have more roll speed through the corner on a higher bite track.
Tom Dawson
Transfer Tornado Cuts
724-456-3757

^^^The only comment you even need on this thread, he hit the nail dead on the head. Couldnt have said it better

very good info....we usually on heavy drivers round up 3 tires and flat cut left rears for this exact reason....taks grip away from LR some for the heavier drivers....JMO

Round cuts when you don't know what you're doing, flat cuts for the tracks that you must run too soft of a compound, and something in between for everything else. :)

Just my opinion (and 95% of my cutting was done on Burris).

Back