Rpm cut at 6k rpm

Last springs I bought were $8 a piece, $1.50 spring would be questionable, maybe that’s why you change them so often. Better be cutting and checking a red spring if you need to pass tech. You’ll have about $350 in tech tools to check springs, or buy from a local builder who can set them for you. A properly set up carb will be rich on the low circuit, and the spark plug will always be black. Can’t tune a clone engine by appearance of the plug.

You are really gear bound, don’t go down on driver as you’re thinking, go up
On a 1/10 mile track a 11 or 12 driver for the weight class he is in , No way is he gear bound . 11/60 or 12/65 to start . I prefer the 11/60 . As for your pipe , its a big pipe . Your jetting on the high , if 37 , is good . Low speed would never be below 14 , stock is higher than that . Jet the low about 34 or 35 , and put at least 1 o ring on the low . Only way to see what your plug will tell you , is to shut the engine off when under power , as your coming off the track . Anytime the engine comes to an idle , it will blacken the plug . In colder weather , I run a .37 high and a .34 low , and never idle on the grid , always working the throttle up and down some , start the engine on the white flag lap of the class on the track .
That engine , depending on what else was done to it , should turn at least 6800 .
Go to DoubleDueceKartingMedia on facebook , and watch the 2 Brothers videos , that is a 1/10 mile track .

Last springs I bought were $8 a piece, $1.50 spring would be questionable, maybe that’s why you change them so often. Better be cutting and checking a red spring if you need to pass tech. You’ll have about $350 in tech tools to check springs, or buy from a local builder who can set them for you. A properly set up carb will be rich on the low circuit, and the spark plug will always be black. Can’t tune a clone engine by appearance of the p

Last springs I bought were $8 a piece, $1.50 spring would be questionable, maybe that’s why you change them so often. Better be cutting and checking a red spring if you need to pass tech. You’ll have about $350 in tech tools to check springs, or buy from a local builder who can set them for you. A properly set up carb will be rich on the low circuit, and the spark plug will always be black. Can’t tune a clone engine by appearance of the plug.
Have to shut engine off right after leaving track. Letting it idle will mess up plug color. Actually the springs are on sale for 40cents a set for stock at BSP.

Those springs are the new junk they take out of the engine before putting 10.8 springs in them. Most folks throw them away, but I’m glad they found a market for them.

Back