Rubber build up

Razor tech

What's the best way(safest) to remove rubber on kart tires the tires are fairly new Vegas just don't want to jeopardize the tires performance

Call Jeff at Rage Karts. He will likely have a scraper that attaches onto the end of a heat gun(or he will know who does). You have to let it get hot and press down kinda hard but it works great. The sooner you do it the better, like as soon as you come off the track. Will not jeopardize the tire, only make it better. Some people do this on a prep stand, but i prefer to do it with the kart on the stand and with the wheels bolted onto the axle. Do the rear tires first, take them off, then bolt the front tires onto the rear axle and do them. works like a champ.

How in the world can a razor blade on vise grips and wd-40 work better then a heat gun scraper??? I have probably scrapped tires thousands of times and haven't found anything better or quicker for Vegas. Please explain.

One trick to the tool is to keep it sharp. Light touch up with a file does just that. I've had my JC scraper for 3 yrs now, still works like new. Can't say that for the 2-3 heat guns I burn up a year.....

Back