SA Predator

Who has the best cost effective, Predator SA build ideal, is this something I can do for 750.00 and be VERY COMPETITIVE.

hemi predator
274 nr cam
dover stock appearing carb
stainless valves and aluminum keepers
26 pound springs
arc light weight flywheel
mill .060 off head
thick head gasket
arc .020 longer rod
port and polish the head
better side cover bolts and head bolts
dover top ender header and booster tip

methanol fuel choice
34 degree timing
.055 coil gap
ngk spark plug
big fuel hose and fuel filter
vent block at governor hole and use a pvc valve

hemi Predator-$100
Flywheel-$100
billet rod-$83
1.3 chamions from stout-$60
315/260 isky cam-$77
Nr 27/24 dual spring ported head-$215
Dover push rods-$13
Dover or BY carb-$120
head/sidecover studs-$30

=$798.

Opinions will vary there. It really depends on the entire package for me.

Hemi rockers are 1.1 to 1 and are pretty strong
The hemi is also very easy to port and polish.

Hemi also has a bigger combustion chamber and less valve clearance.

274 is the biggest cam I would use for the hemi. Anything over that I would use a rtc6 head with hemi piston and .040 longer rod. And thick head gasket.

I personally built the build I explained above for a short track toque type engine were you just can't get a motor to 8500 without a jack shaft because of track size. And when jack shaft isn't allowed you have to make up for it with torque. We turn the motor 7800 to 8200 and run a 11 - 13 driver on it for the tracks it runs on. So far it's been the motor to beat. Of coarse tires and set up always helps.

I'm also not a believer in running the super strong valve springs either. I just haven't found in a mild stock appearing what they are needed for. Maybe there just for the dyno readings. But on track I haven't found the need for something so strong

hemi Predator-$100
Flywheel-$100
billet rod-$83
1.3 chamions from stout-$60
315/260 isky cam-$77
Nr 27/24 dual spring ported head-$215
Dover push rods-$13
Dover or BY carb-$120
head/sidecover studs-$30

=$798.

not a bad idea but there are better head choices than paying that kinda price for one

Ehh just giving him some off the shelf options plus i like NRs small valve porting. Hate for him to hog out a head for a stock carb like i did my first head haha.

Opinions will vary there. It really depends on the entire package for me.

Hemi rockers are 1.1 to 1 and are pretty strong
The hemi is also very easy to port and polish.

Hemi also has a bigger combustion chamber and less valve clearance.

274 is the biggest cam I would use for the hemi. Anything over that I would use a rtc6 head with hemi piston and .040 longer rod. And thick head gasket.

I personally built the build I explained above for a short track toque type engine were you just can't get a motor to 8500 without a jack shaft because of track size. And when jack shaft isn't allowed you have to make up for it with torque. We turn the motor 7800 to 8200 and run a 11 - 13 driver on it for the tracks it runs on. So far it's been the motor to beat. Of coarse tires and set up always helps.

where you runnin this motor at?

Coty, there are guys making close to 30hp or more with those heads and clone heads also, I don't think it will be a problem all. Barry Young had one engine that I think made 28hp with a clone head on it if I remember right

Back