SBO vs S/A KT100?

Hobby87

Hey all - trying to help a local track out with their classes and the promoter is curious if he could combine a SBO class with some SA KT's for larger mixed class. There isn't but 3-4 of either that show up consistently. Below is the SBO rules they would be using. Track is 1/8, stays very wet/heavy.

Small Bore Open – 4 strokes

Ages: 15 yrs & up

Engine: Any air cooled, single cylinder, 4 stroke kart engine (no motor bike engines). Max 236cc. No billet blocks or heads (aftermarket crank, rod, piston, flywheel, sidecover ok). 3rd bearing support ok.

Weight: minimum 360lbs

Tires: Open (max 6” x 10” rim)

Fuel: Gasoline, racing fuel or methanol only (no nitrous/exotic fuel blends)

Oil: Open

** F200 may be combined due to entries

- Thanks Matt

We ran are dap 100 cc against opens they where faster. I don't know but I think are dap is faster than kt. Matt Green has some rules on Pn. Usa. Didn't really think it was fair. It would have been better to run against limited

If the Yamahas are legally stock, They probably won’t compete against a built overhead open if tires and drivers skills are equal.

Sbo and any 100 cc 116cc motor are good race.especially if its a small track.open should be open.not open with rules that benefits stock appearing.theres so many crazy rules now its insane.stock appearing should be flatheads animals ,clones.open should be strokers, billets,2-strokes.rwyb 450’s 250’s snowmobile motors,clones,whatever ya got.me i dont care who runs with me should have brought a bigger motor or got faster thru the turns.🤷🏻‍♂️its kind of the point of getting away from stock classes.choose your poison.i run 2-cycles been beat by clones many many times and will get beat again by a damn clone lol.
Most people dont understand 2-cycles.14000 rpms dont mean your going that much faster actually a parilla sudam dont make much over 20lbs of torque.corners win 99 percent of races

I just want to say if someone shows up let em race.many karters come from rainout nights to race.if ya have 4 sbo and 3-2 strokes show up bc of rainout or they stopped to race let em race.🤷🏻‍♂️who cares its open.

Thanks for those that have replied. For comments sake, we already have an open/rwyb/uas class. The SBO is more of a middle ground for those that want more than a stocker but maybe don't want a 450 mx set up. I cannot speak for the track itself, but typically if they get 2-3 of anything, they'll run ya! We all know how hard it is to get karts to show up, so bring them if you have them!

I know in Arizona at one time they had a class called AZ Opens which used UAS rules for calculating weight, but it was limited to air-cooled and no bike engines.

What are your thoughts on this combo class - 1/8 mile track
Keep in mind, this might yield 8010 karts total across all platforms, we don't have alot of dirt karting in SoCal.

100cc stock 2 cycle / open 4 cycle (combined)

Ages: 15 yrs & up

Tires: Any treaded kart tire allowed, max 6” x 10” rims

100cc stock 2 cycle:

Engines/weight:

Weight: minimum 350lbs

Kt100 S/A w pipe

Kpv/hpv (per ikf/wka rules)

Votex Rok and IAME KA100(per skusa)

4 cycle open:

Engine: Any air cooled, single cylinder, 4 stroke kart engine (no motor bike engines). Max 236cc. No billet blocks or heads (aftermarket block, crank, rod, piston, flywheel, sidecover ok). 3rd bearing support ok.

Examples of allowed engines: Animal, Predator, Clone, F200, Flathead, blue wazoom, World Formula

Weight: minimum 375lbs

Fuel: Gasoline, racing fuel or methanol only (no nitrous/exotic fuel blends)

The JR UAS Rules are pretty much what you're asking about.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240131_122907_Firefox.jpg
    Screenshot_20240131_122907_Firefox.jpg
    172.8 KB · Views: 8
I know this isn't a concern with you at all.

But for reference reed's around 85cc I think would also be comparable. I wish the UAS would allow 85cc Reed bike engines, with over bore allowances. I think it would make them a little more competitive in the Jr UAS and make it easier to find competitive engines for the class.

Back