Seat cradle on 2011 umax

In your opinion what would make the struts better, and how would you position them with a large seat?

I feel less chance of binding the seat and better flex, I would position them so the middle of seat spline from rear ( Back ) was 1/2 " left of break rotor angled down slightly so they were free ( No Bind ) where they bolted over chassis, I would not worry about any certain measurement from motor rail on right, or a certain measurement on the left either, and of course use rubber grommets on front and sides of seat.

Good Luck !!

I ran mine with one and I ran a buddies this summer without one. I couldn't really feel a difference. Both where fast!!!

If you run the struts make sure the clamps are parallel to the ground.... I see a lot of struts where the rs is angled to far forward and the ls strut is angled back. This will actually change the way the kart transfers weight.

Cradle system the left tube should be between 28 to 32 degrees forward amd the right tube at a 45 degree angle.

imo large to extra large seats run struts. Medium or smaller run the cradle.

Positioning the seat is whole other subject depending on the size of the seat.

I would not worry about any certain measurement from motor rail on right, or a certain measurement on the left either, and of course use rubber grommets on front and sides of seat.
Good Luck !!
and yet another opinion on seat strut positioning. And of course, like always, I tend to agree with people who tend to agree with me. It's a tendency that I was always aware of, and tried to avoid. Just because somebody agrees with you, doesn't mean it's right. Not in this case of course.

From the desk of Al Nunley
Comments compliments criticisms and questions always welcome.
If the data does not support the theory, get a new theory. (Al Nunley)

Back